Then There's You┊Yuno

❛ YUNO 
There's no word to express when you're wearing that dress that way.

REQUESTED BY: bolmanhanmelodrama. Thank you!!

"Yuno!"

Rewarding your boyfriend with a surprise hug, you immediately buried your face in the crook of his neck. His manly scent once lingered on your senses again, bringing all memories you shared in the past. He brushed his nose against your neck, smelling that favorite perfume he gave you on your seventeenth birthday.

"I missed you," You whispered, almost tearing up.

"I missed you too," He retorted. "I missed you so much, Y/N."

It's been a year since he fled off to the Capital to tend on his role as an elite Magic Knight, under the squad of Golden Dawn, and he never came back ever since. This sudden visit of Yuno surprised everyone here in Hage Village. Your boyfriend slid his strong arm on your waist before the both of you walked back to the church and he was greeted by the Father, Sister Lily, and the kids.

"Where's Asta?" Father asked.

"He's not with me," the dark-haired boy answered. "But the last we bumped into each other, he said he'll try to find time to visit here."

Sister Lily smiled, clapping her hands. "That's great! Anyways, let me prepare food for all of us, you must be hungry."

"I-I'm fine, Sister. I won't be staying here for long too."

The smile plastered on your face automatically vanished. Of course, you wanted to spend more time with your boyfriend but you knew you can't do anything. His priorities are his job and his dreams and the best thing you can do is to support and wait for him. Yuno noticed your silence so he excused you and himself from the group for a while.

He led you to the roof of the chapel, the usual spot where you, Yuno, and Asta used to hang out to watch the sunset.

"You really can't stay the night?" You asked, looking at the beautiful sun setting in front of you. Golden Hour. Perfect time. You sat on the roofing as he followed you.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

"It's fine." You tried your best to smile. "Good luck on your missions, okay? Are you eating and sleeping on time?"

Yuno nodded with a genuine grin. "Of course. How're the church and everyone doing?"

"We're all doing fine! Thank you for the extra funds you and Asta always send to us, because of that, we're able to have a daily nomotato feast!"

Both of you chuckled but it was followed by a sudden awkward atmosphere. Being Yuno's girlfriend for years, this thing shouldn't be new to you anymore. You knew how much he wanted to be the next Wizard King and from the moment you swore your love to him, you accepted this fate. You knew it was destiny. But how long are you going to wait for him?

"Yuno–"

"Y/N–"

Sighing, you enveloped him with a warm embrace. Yuno caressed your hair, comforting you with his hands moving up and down on your back.

"I'm sorry for always making you feel lonely."

You remained silent.

"I'm so sorry for being selfish–"

"You're not being selfish, Yuno," You tried to reassure him. "You're just doing everything to reach your goals."

"I don't deserve you." He whispered. "You're too perfect for me."

"Shh," Letting go from the hug, you cupped his cheeks before pinching it as it turned a little bit pinkish. Damn, he's so adorable.

"You deserve me, Yuno, and I understand you, okay? Don't worry about me. I want to see you and Asta reach your dreams in life. Love, we all can set it aside for a while. You do your job in the Capital and I'll do my best on protecting everyone here. Deal?"

A tear escaped from his eye before he quickly wiped it away. "I love you, Yuno."

"Will you, will you wait for me until I became the next Wizard King? Will you be able to–"

"I will wait for you, Yuno. I don't care how long it will take but I will surely stay on your side forever."

Your boyfriend was lost for words. You knew that many girls are fawning over him but they don't understand the masterpiece he'd found and that's you. There are no words to express every time he'll see you standing before him with a welcoming smile plastered on your face, with arms opened, ready to hug him on the moment you lay your eyes on him.

That response was enough.

Sealing the conversation with a loving kiss, the sun finally set.

"I love you too, Y/N. I love you so damn much."

Smiling, you snatched his bag, slinging it back on his shoulder. "It's getting dark. You should get back on the Capital now."

"I thought you don't want me to go and now you're pushing me away."

Yuno pouted as you chuckled, shaking your head. "Silly! I'm not pushing you away, I just don't want you to get home late. Wait, let me get you some nomotatoes so you'll have something to eat in your free time!"

His expression changed, suddenly looking disgusted.

"Can I pass–"

"Hm?! Are you saying something?!"

Pouting, you stood up with both hands on your waist. Yuno took a deep breath, standing up too. He knew there's no other way to escape this.

"Fine. I'm getting five nomo–"

"Let me give you a whole sack!"

As you ran happily out of the roof, he chuckled before stuffing his hands on his pockets. "She never changes."

"