Home Away From Home

-Thank you to@WallyandDick  or the great request! Please leave your requests in the comments, or DM me-

-WARNING: contains mention of domestic/child abuse-

"I'm sorry. I didn't want you to see me like this..."

"Wally, I've held you while you puked, in a playboy bunny costume." Dick chuckled dryly, running his hand down Wally's cheek.

"Now That was a rough night." Wally swallowed hard. "Thanks for coming."

"No big." Dick assured. He dropped the playful act, glancing around empty, public park; it was well past midnight. "Seriously, what did that Bastard do?"

"Jesus... okay." Wally felt his security blanket of humour and sarcasm being torn away. "Well..."

"Wally." Dick said flatly. "What?"

Wally pulled up his shirt a bit, his stomach and ribcage was spotted with quickly developing grey bruises. "Broke a plate."

Dick tried to pull the hoodie off completely. "Take it off."

"Geez, at least buy dinner." Wally tried to smirk, but the quip fell flat.

"Wally. Please." Dick said, his voice hoarse with emotion. Wally dropped it. He let Dick pull off his sweatshirt. This forearms were glowing red from where they'd been grabbed and twisted. His chest was bruised, and what looked like four little needle points stuck in his shoulder. "What's that?"

Wally ran his fingers over his sensitive shoulder, there was dried blood smeared around it. "Fork."

Dick winced. "Here." He poured a little water into his palm, he began slowly cleaning Wally's shoulder.  "Why do Iris and Barry let them be such assholes? You've told them what they do, why don't they do anything?" He exploded.

"Not now." Wally rested his swollen eyes closed. "Please."

"Sorry, it's just-" Dick angrily recapped his water bottle. He knew that CPS might be able to help, but he couldn't help but remember how they try to take him away from Bruce. He couldn't convince himself that they'd help. "Isn't there anyone you can tell?"

Wally shook his head slightly. It felt like his brain was being jiggled against the sides of his skull. "I'll probably go ask if I can stay with Aunt Iris and Uncle Barry for a few nights..." That was a lie. He'd bothered them enough already.

"No no no," Dick didn't believe him. "Come back to the manor for a week."

"I can't. I don't wanna put you out."

"Wally, we've got like twelve spare bedrooms, a HUGE kitchen, about six bathrooms..." Dick smiled slightly. "You won't be in the way. We could probably hide you in there for months without Bruce knowing." 

"I don't have any of my things..." Wally's brain was looking for problems. 

"We have spares, Plus, Bruce always buys clothes too big for me."

"What about my homework?"

"We'll sneak in the window tomorrow where they're at work." Dick ran a hand through the redhead's greasy hair. "Come on please?"

"Fine." Wally could at least take a shower at the manor.

Dick wanted to hug him, but didn't want to hurt him more. "Thank you." He took out his phone and shot a text to Bruce that Wally needed to stay a few nights. 

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Wally!" Dick exclaimed, he realized that might have come off a bit aggressive. "I'll raid the kitchen and we can have a midnight feast when we get home."

Wally looked at the dirty grass beneath them. "That'd be nice."

Dick forced a smile. "C'mon, grab your hoodie, let's go."