Unexpected Confession (Part 95!)

-As my long term readers will know, my trash books are all 100 parts long. It is currently part 95!!! I will start doing a countdown, starting now!:-

-5-

"Whoo! How about that, huh?" Wally asked, throwing back his seatbelt and shooting smiles to his friends. "Hell of a mission!"

"Yeah, I don't usually agree with Wally, but we Killed it out there!" Artemis grinned as they glided into the docking bay at the mountain.

M'gann stood up and stretched. "Food anyone? There are leftover's in the fridge."

"What kind?" Conner asked. 

"The pot roast from Tuesday and the spaghetti from last night." She replied, throwing Kaldur a water bottle as they disembarked.

Wally groaned. "OH! That was SO GOOD! You are such a good cook, dammit!"

Dick unbuckled from the bioship, reliving the mission. He'd almost gotten himself in trouble from watching one of his teammates too much. 

He closed his eyes and remembered the smirk Wally gave him after he cracked a joke. That little smile had made him completely forget how tired he was. But Wally always did that. He always brought Dick back to life no matter how burnt out he felt.

There were no leaguers present to greet them as they disembarked the bioship. And since there were no orders, the dragged themselves to the living quarters of the mountain. Everyone was tired and sweaty, but otherwise in good health. It had been a greatly taxing, but greatly successful mission.

Everyone began striding off to change, or find the food and water they craved. Dick didn't know what he wanted first. He was tired and hungry and hadn't been sleeping well.

"Hey Rob, I think I'm gonna heat up some spaghetti from last night, want some?" Wally asked, nudging Dick as he passed.

"Hey, Wally." Dick had blurted out without thinking.

"What?"

"Nothing." He said, he didn't even know why he started talking.

Wally chuckled playfully and rested his hands on his hips. "C'mon, what?

Dick wasn't sure what he was doing. "Wally, can we... Talk?" He muttered, gently grasping his friends hand.

"Uh, sure. What's up?" The redhead asked.

"Over here." Dick tugged him to the next room.

"Where are we going?"

"Wally I, I have something I need to say." 

"Shoot."

"Well, uhm, Wally, We've been friends for a long time. Five years now, and... I really don't know how to say this, oh god." Dick couldn't quite make eye contact with the redhead. He wished he'd never pulled Wally aside, but he couldn't go back now. "I'm kinda catching feelings..." He said quietly.

"What?" The redhead asked. 

"I- Wally, I think I'm in love with you."

The redhead stared at him, blankly for several seconds. He looked down at Dick, eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Then his breathing quickened, and his face contorted into a confused smile. 

Wally was laughing.

"What? Dude are you..." His words died into laughter. "But you're joking right?" He got out. "Good one, you had me worried for a second Rob!"
Dick stared back at him, lips slightly parted.
"Rob?"