Everybody Hates Robin

-request by @Hazelfraser25 Requests always open!-

"Your favorite hero is Robin?" Kevin Nguyen laughed. "He's a sidekick!"

"No!" Dick replied, rather indignantly.

"Yeah, he's a sidekick! And he's like, twelve!"

"He's Thirteen!" Dick corrected.

"Ooh, we gotta fanboy over here!" One of the other boys teased. "Richie must Love the sight of a boy his age in spandex and VELCRO TOE-SHOES." 

The cluster of freshmen boys burst into laughter, except Dick, who was getting very uncomfortable.

"God, Robin is so annoying, though." One of them sighed, pushing his hair back. "He's probably Richie's role model: Obnoxious voice, trying WAY too hard to make slang catch on, colourful, Skintight costume..."

"Hey, that's on you're birthday list, right?" One of the kids elbowed Dick.

"I dunno, I don't think Robin's that bad..." Dick muttered, turning a little red. 

"It's pathetic that your standards are so low that you think Robin's cool. Have you seen his old costume design?" All the boys laughed again, except for Dick. "God, he's so stupid, and SO FUCKING ANNOYING, Why the hell would Batman want him?"

"Oh- I saw this trending video clip of Robin fighting Catwoman, and his voice was-UGH SO BAD! He's trying so hard to sound cool!"

Dick shifted uncomfortably in his seat, and tried to go back to his assignment sheet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you see this?" M'gann asked, pulling up an article on her phone, the headline read: 'Why Robin, Boy Wonder, is harmful'.

"Yeah, I read that in English." Conner responded, sitting on the bleachers to have lunch with her. 

"What does it say?" She asked, opening her lunch bag.

"Something about the dangers of exposing the youth to crime at a young age, and then about how we shouldn't normalize that, and then some nonsense about Robin being 'toxic' and 'a bad influence', or something."

"What? Robin's least toxic person I know!" M'gann exclaimed, biting into her sandwich. "Except Aqualad."

"Wally says Gotham is the center of cancel culture." Conner said, opening his chips

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wally scrolled through his Instagram feed, and all he saw was: 'Cancel Robin', 'Y'all Gotham kids need to get over your bird bitch, HE. IS. TOXIC.', '#robinisoverparty', 'Stop normalizing this Shit!!'. Wally had no clue what was happening, no matter how far he scrolled through these hashtags, he couldn't find any sourced information.

"Why is everyone hating Robin?" He asked, sitting at his seat in Precalc.

"Dunno, man, Kid's annoying." His deskmate responded, staring at his phone. "Plus, it's Gotham, they can't decide who they hate. God, you'd have to on some next level shit to like that fucker." 

"No! I mean, Robin isn't that bad!"

His deskmate scoffed and put his phone away. "Have you seen that Catwoman-fight video? His voice is disgusting."