Fired Epilogue

Well, Oliver Queen was about four seconds from being skinned alive. He was just getting a drink when he got a furious call from Artemis' mother, saying that her daughter hadn't come home, and demanding to know what was happening.

Ollie really didn't know. Artemis hadn't shown up for patrol and she wasn't answering her phone, not to mention her quiver was still in his umbrella holder from the night before, so she was out somewhere as normal Artemis, not hero Artemis.

He couldn't figure out where she was. 

Until he remembered the mountain clubhouse that her and her friends met up at whenever they wanted to... make fun of each other and complain? He wasn't really sure what they did, but they were always complaining when he was there.

So, in the interests of not being murdered by Artemis' ex-assassin mother, he went to the mountain. Boy, Artemis would have a lot of goddamn explaining to do.

The mountain was unexpectedly quiet, only the sounds of snoring, soft crying, and someone playing Bad Romance at a low volume. The living room was lit only by the DVD screen saver bouncing around the tv. 

All he could see was a large mass of figures, piled atop each other on the couches. It looked like they were asleep, packed shoulder to shoulder like sardines. Superboy sat on the floor, propped up by the corner of the couch while Dick lay across the other kids. Ollie was surprised that the youngest boy didn't have his mask on, and worried that he was lying next to an empty tub of ice cream.

"Hey." He tapped Artemis' shoulder. She shifted a little in her sleep. "Hey!" He whispered a little louder. He considered tugging her loose ponytail, but had enough life experience to know that women can and will murder you for that. "Artemis!"

"What?" She groaned, still half asleep.

"What's going on? Your mom's freaking out, you aren't answering your phone!"

She rolled over again, leaning her head on Wally's shoulder. "Batman broke up with Dick, I had to stay."

"What?" He ordered.

"Bats broke up with Robin, now Robin isn't Robin anymore. He's Dick. And now he's living here." She stated tiredly, like he should've guessed it.

This was it. Oliver had watched Bruce adopt a child with no previous child-experience, induct the child into crimefighting, and then get rid of the child at the age of fourteen for... seemingly no reason? 

Fuck being scared of Artemis' mom, he was going to make a late night call to Wayne manor to try and smack some sense into Bruce's numb, darkness filled brain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six am and the team was up showering, drinking water, you get the idea; only the youngest was yet to get up. But who could blame him? His dad had just fired him and he ran away from home.

"Hey man." Wally nudged Dick awake with his toe. "Good morning, sunshine."

"What?" Dick tried to sit up, they'd left him sleeping on the couch when they'd gotten up. They'd even left him with a quilt off M'gann's bed. He must have been out cold.

"Here. cereal." The redhead put the bowl in his trembling hands. "We uh, have to go to school. are you okay spending the day here with Kaldur and wolf?" Wally asked.

"I guess." Dick said, taking the offering. "I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"What do you think about the name Nightwing?"

-Anyone else SUPER confused by the YJ Robin timeline? I assume that by season 2, Tim has already been Robin for at least a year and a half, I assume Jason was Robin for at least two years... so over only a five year time skip, that mean's Dick quit being Robin when he was, like, 14 and a half. He was still living at home. Wasn't that shit awkward?-

-Continuing what I said above, wasn't Roy still living with Ollie at the start of season 1? How fucking awkward do you think it was when they both got back and were like "So... this morning at the Hall of Justice..."-