Everybody Still Hates Robin

-big thanks to @DCr3ativ3Abomination for the request!-

"Seriously. This place is stellar!" Dick, as Robin, lead the team down the Gotham city block. "KF, you're gonna love this..." The team were hanging out in Gotham that day, and Dick wanted to show them his favorite ice cream place.

The Robin hate had somewhat been dialed down amongst the older folks (Adults who saw their cute videos, and decided it wasn't his fault that Batman made him free child labor), but for the most part, teenagers didn't seem to care, and found him very obnoxious.

"Damn." Wally said, stepping into the shop after Dick. "This place is nice."

"Yeah, it's kind of a hidden gem." The boy smiled. "And the scoops here... HUGE! I found this place on patrol one night, it's great."

M'gann floated an inch o so off the floor, admiring the place. "I like the style! The- hh, what's..."

"Aesthetic?" Artemis suggested.

"Yes! I like the aesthetic!" The martian exclaimed. To be fair to her excitement, the place looked straight out of the sixties or seventies, very much M'gann's thing.

"Take a look around the place, I'll be right back." Robin smirked. "Remember KF, fifty buck spending limit!" He slipped into the bathroom at the back of the store. 

"This place is sick!" Wally wandered around the place, taking it all in. Conner just sat down on the bench against the wall. He was a plain vanilla ice cream kind of kid; he didn't really get the idea of going to a place to get ice cream when you can go to the grocery store, still, the other's seemed to enjoy it, so...

There was a small group of teens sitting nearby, lapping down their ice cream. Conner didn't mean to eavesdrop (He honestly didn't care about what a few strangers were talking about), but with super hearing, he didn't have many options.

"-yeah, he's in the bathroom in here!"

"Legit?"

"Yeah!"

"Ugh, fucking hate that bitch." one of the teens sighed. "Have you seen the catwoman video? It makes me want to..."

The teen went on to give some vial description making a joke out of sexual abuse, but Conner was more preoccupied realizing that they were talking about Robin. 

He'd seen the video of Robin quipping with catwoman. Sure, Robin's voice was  little annoying (Voice cracks were plaguing the poor guy that night), but for the most part, the video was just Robin and catwoman spinning puns and roasts at each other. Maybe Conner was just desensitized to the pain of heroes trying to be witty, but he didn't think it was that bad.

"It's like: dude, you're not funny, fuck off."

"Yeah, why's he even here? Batman does everything! What purpose does his life serve."

"He's probably saved all of you at some point." Conner commented.

They turned to him, offended and weirded out that some random just responded to their conversation. "Excuse me?"

"I said that Robin has saved all of you before." Conner turned his body so they could see his shirt. "Robin saves your lives daily, and you have the gall to complain about his voice, it ONE video clip? Bold of you to say a thirteen year old should suffer, because his voice sounded annoying while he was saving your lives."

"Calm the fuck down, it was a joke!"

"Yeah, well I've seen a lot of jokes like that lately, and like seeing hundreds of people telling my friend to kill himself, through no fault of his own!" Conner was practicaly shouting at these guys now. He was furious that they were at least as old as him and saw no issue with threatening the life of a thirteen year old.

"What's wrong?" M'gann flew over, grabbing his arm out of fear that he may slap a bitch.

"They're two of the people bullying Robin on line!"

"THEY'RE WHAT-" Wally was there in a second, the thought of food gone from his mind.

"It's not bullying, he's a public figure!"

Artemis joined them, she was pissed that their only nice outing thus far had become a confrontation. "He is Thirteen!"

"IT'S A JOKE!"

"It's not a good joke." Kaldur frowned, joining them. He was pretty damn protective over his friends, and needed to deescalate the situation quickly.

One of the disgruntled teens scoffed. "It's just dark humor, man."

"Uh, no!" Wally shouted. "Dark humor is when you make fun of your own trauma. You're just being assholes!"

"Correct me if I am incorrect," Kaldur started, trying to get things straight. " but this is what I hear: That you believe a thirteen year old boy should be sexually assaulted and end his life, because his voice cracked while he was working to ensure you live safely."

"Well when you put it like that, we sound like we're being Dickheads!"

"You ARE being dickheads!"

"...guys? What's wrong?" Dick emerged, drying his hands on his hoodie, and hurried over to the others. "What's up, who're we fighting?" It was like the stars had aligned to make him sound and look adorable and innocent. "They aren't villains! Let's just get out ice cream! KF, have you seen the Reese's flavor? You'll love it! It's awesome!"

The team shot the other teen's side-eyes. The teens looked uncomfortable to see the kid they'd been ripping to shreds pop out of the woodwork, acting and sounding completely normal. This thirteen year old kid was acting like a normal thirteen year old kid, and they kind of felt like shit for saying he should kill himself.

The team didn't tell Robin the issues they had with those guys, they all got their ice cream, and M'gann suggested that they leave and eat else where. They enjoyed their ice cream in the park, The team having one a victory, while Dick was non the wiser.