Chapter Fourteen

Mother's Day comes once a year. Some think that if they buy their mother flowers and a card that they have fulfilled their obligation for the rest of the year. If we would only comprehend a small part of what our mothers did for us as children. How they would literally die for us if needed. We would realize that one day is not sufficient. Mother's Day should be a time to remind us that we have been neglecting our duties as sons and daughters. This relationship is sacred to let us honor our mothers.
Happy Mother's Day........

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Arav's POV
I was so much engrossed in the work that I totally forgot about the time. When I finished my work it was already midnight and I was so much late today to go home.

Oh no, mom will definitely become a strict lady now. I have to reach home as soon as possible.

After debating with myself I walked towards my cars and started driving home. I was driving my cars when I received a notification that today is mother's day.

Wow, today is mother's day I have to do something special and this time it will be better than before. Well, Mom always likes my surprises but I have to think about something special for her this year.

I reached home in 30 minutes. When I reached the gate I saw that the lights were already off it means that everyone was already sleeping.

I put my jacket and bag on the sofa in the living room and went towards the kitchen to have food first, I was hell hungry.

When I was near the kitchen I realized that the lights were on and Ankti was sleeping on the chair near the dining table. I slowly went to her. I shook her shoulder to walk her up. what was she doing here and why was she not sleeping in the room. Did something happen?

She slowly opened her eyes and smile when she realized that it was me. I give her a smile as well.

"Why are you sleeping here?" I asked her while taking the chair beside her.

"I was waiting for you, just give me two minutes, I will reheat the food and will serve you." She said in her sleepy voice and got up to reheat the food.

I was so happy that she waited for me before her Mom was the one who always waited for me but now, it feels so special when someone waited for you.

She came back with the food and served on my plate.

"Have you had the food," She nodded in no and said that will have it after me.

"No you are eating with me, come on sit down," I ordered her in a little strict tone while serving her the food and she set like an obedient child. she was so cute and was making a pout. such a baby, I really have to pamper her like a child.

"Ankti I want your help," I asked her.

"My help but how can I help you," she asked in a confused tone.

"Actually, today is mother's day and I want to surprise Mom. so will you help me to prepare everything?" I asked her in my casual tone but then I realized what I have asked her to do when I see her face falling. She must be feeling sad about her mother.

Shit, I have to be careful.

"Ankti, I am really sor......I could not complete my sentence when she cut me off.

"Okay, I will help you but what will I have to do," She said with excitement and I was just watching her face, I mean just a minute ago she was sad and now she was happy, is she hiding her sadness from me so that I will not be sad.

"Ankti I know you are missing your Mom and I am really sorry that I made you sad but please do not hide any feelings from me, I want you to share your every feeling with me whether it is happiness, sadness, anger or anything. I want you to share everything with me, I want to be the first one with whom you can share everything, please," I said while holding her hand in my hand, I was waiting for her response and she nodded in yes with a smile after some time.

"Do not worry, I will make the preparation from myself, I know you must be feeling uncomfortable with this so you need not to worry," I told her while getting up to wash my hands.

"No I really want to do that, I am really very comfortable, I was just sad because I used to do the same thing for my Mom when she was alive. so I was just missing her but I got my mom again, and all thanks to you," She said with a genuine smile and I can see that she was really happy.

"Thanks to me but why?" I asked her in confusion.

"Thank you for marrying me and gave me this family and parents to which I was craving for, Thank you Arav," She said and suddenly hugged me.

I was stilled for some time with this act but after some time I hugged her back. She was so small and just hide in my embrace.

She was the first one who broke the hug and when I saw her face she was literally blushing. Her both cheek were red like a tomato and I could not control myself and gave her a peck on her cheek and it became dark red now.

"You do not need to say anything, Didn't I say that I am the lucky one that I got you as my wife, so stop saying Thank you," I told her.

We were sitting in the living room for discussing the plan, I was thinking to give Mom an early morning surprise so we need to start working right now. We decided to prepare a cake for her and decorate the living room and also prepare her favorite dishes for breakfast. I decided to give the gift in the evening as we have very little time to prepare everything.

"Okay so let's start, you go and prepare the cake and I will do the decoration and will prepare the gift in the afternoon, okay," I said and we both started our work.

It took us 4 hours to prepare everything and we both were satisfied with our work, it was already 5 in the morning so we thought to freshen up as mom will be up at 6 AM as usual for her morning walk.

We went to our room for getting ready so that we can go to surprise Mom. First Ankti went to the bathroom and I was checking some files. Once she came back then I went to freshen up and take a shower.
We both were ready in 1 hour, I wore my casual ( White shirt and Blue jeans ) and she wore a blue saree, I must say she looked beautiful in every dress. Well, I have not seen her in any dress other than saree but I could tell that she will look beautiful as always.

We both went to the kitchen to take the cake, It was looking fabulous and Mom's favorite Butter Scotch cake.

We went to my parent's room and knock the door, My Dad was one who opened the door and I am thankful to God for this. I signaled Dad for not speaking anything and he did the same.

We all reached the bedside and Ankti, Dad and I shouted in unison...

"Happy Mother's Day Mom"

She woke up with a jerk and gave precious smile to us which I loved so much.

"Oh my God, Thank you so much son and wow my daughter is also with you," She said with excitement.

"Your Daughter? I asked in confusion.

"Yes Ankti my daughter," She said while watching Ankti who was smiling with the statement.

"Wow when did this happen Mom and Dad and when did you adopt Ankti without my knowing, Now what about me," I said with a pout.

"Oh shut up drama queen," Mom and Dad said in unison and we all started laughing.

Mom cut the cake and guess what she fed Ankti first then me but I was happy that they both accepted her as their daughter-in-law, not only that they accepted her as their daughter.

Now I understand that all mothers are the same, whether it's your real mother or not, mother's love for the child can not measure with anything. She loves all kids like her own and always spread happiness to everyone.

"I love you Mom," I said and hugged her.

"Mom get ready, we both have another surprise for you and you are not going to your morning walk today," I said while pushing her to the washroom.

I said the same to dad and he went to get ready in the guest room. Once they both were ready we all went towards the dining area where the breakfast was already ready and set on the table as instructed to the servant. Mom was very happy to see the decoration and the breakfast which was her favorite.

"Mom do you like the surprise," I asked her.

"No son, I loved it, thank you so much, this was the best surprise and gift I have ever had, it is not about the surprise, it is about your love which you gave me in the form of surprise, thank you so much Ankti and Arav and it's special today because this time my daughter is also with you." She said with teary eyes. She cupped Ankti face in her hand and kissed her forehead.

I stand from my chair and Ankti and I hugged her so tidily and then Dad also joined as.