5

~Ace POV

"I'm bout to head to Eleven City you want something?" I asked Jayda. "No I'm gone eat my leftovers." She said. "Ight. I'll see you when I get back." I gave her a kiss and walked out the door. Going to Mama Jay's restaurant was my go to. I got in the car making my way there.

**

"Wassup Mama Jay." I said walking in. "Hey baby. How's your parents doing?" She asked. "They out on vacation right now but they doing good." I said. "That's nice. Can I talk to you outside for a minute."

"Uhh yeah." I was confused on what she wanted. "Why doesn't your cousin have a place to stay?" She asked. "Who?"

"Trevae. The girl I gave the job to." She said. "Ohh. What you mean she don't have a place to stay?" I asked. "Well I came in a little earlier this morning to get some things sorted out and I seen her sleeping in the bathroom." She said. "She told me she was staying with a friend. I didn't know nothing about that." I lied. "Well I run a restaurant not a shelter so I'm gone need you to handle that for me." She said.

"She in there? I'll talk to her right now." I asked. "Oh no she got work to do right now. You can talk to her when she gets off at nine." She said. "Will do."

After grabbing my food I made my way to Kendrick's crib. He was having a meeting with everybody. There was me, Kel, Darrell, and Rondo. There was more people that worked with us but they aren't that important.

"What's this meeting about?" Rondo asked. "Somebody stealing our money." Kendrick said. "How much money?" Darrell asked. "Over two hundred grand went missing last night. The same thing happened about three months ago." He said. "You think its somebody inside?" Rondo asked. "We got top flight security outside. Ain't no way somebody breaking in." I said. "All I'm saying is keep on a lookout."

**Later On**

I was waiting outside of the restaurant for Trevae. Mama Jay wanted me to figure out what was going on. She came outside the restaurant. "Wassup kid." I said getting out the car. "Look man I told you I wont say nothing bout what I seen." She said. "Where you headed?" I asked. "Home."

"Where's home?"

"Home is home. Why are you following me?" She scoffed. "So home isn't the bathroom of Eleven City Diner?" I asked. "Why are you in my business?"

"Get in the car." I said. "I don't even know you I'm not getting in your car." She said. "You want somewhere to lay your head at night right?" I asked. "Where I lay my head at night doesn't concern you."

"It does when you're my cousin."

"I don't need your help." She said. "Suit yourself. But your stay in the bathroom has come to an end." I said getting back in my car. Hard headed ass kid. I drove off making my way home.

**

"Hey baby." Jayda said when I walked in the room. "Wassup." I said sitting down. "Where'd you go?" She asked. "You remember that kid I got a job for at Eleven City?"

"Yeah."

"Apparently she been crashing in the bathrooms there. I was gone get her a room at the Motel down the block but she wouldn't get in the car." I said. "I mean you are a complete stranger to her. What'd you expect?" She shrugged.

~Trevae POV

I hadn't had any real sleep in the past three days. I been crashing in old warehouses or alley ways but I never sleep peacefully. I was walking around the city when I ended up at the park I came to the other night. I found a bench and laid my stuff down to try and get some sleep.