27

**Few Days Later**

~Trevae POV

"You're going to make me late." I said walking in Khalil's room. "Late for what?" He said looking up from his phone. "I'm supposed to be going to Messiah's house remember." I said. "So y'all can go to ole boy party?"

"Party? What party?"

"For somebody who wants to run a gang you're a horrible fucking liar." He said shaking his head. "Please Khalil can I go. I won't be there long and I'll be safe." I said. "Where's the party?"

"His house is a few blocks from the park." I said. "Fine. Give me like a few minutes and I'll take you over there." He said. I walked out the room going downstairs. Jayda was in the kitchen. "Hey." I said making my presence known. "Oh hey." She said with a small smile.

"Are you two, like, okay?" I asked sitting down. "Yeah why you say that?" She asked. "I know yall haven't been sleeping in the same room for the past few days. Yall walk past each other like yall are strangers or something." I said. "Yeah well it's hard living in the same house with the man that murdered your father and the same man accusing you of cheating." She sighed. "Would you have felt better if your father murdered Khalil?" I asked. "That's not the point."

"I know. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who pulled the trigger. Either way somebody you love was going to die. And it doesn't make the situation better by keeping secrets from him."

"You ready?" Khalil said walking downstairs. "Yep." I got up and followed him out to the car.

"What were you two talking about?" He asked pulling off. "Nothing important."

**

We pulled up to the party and it was already packed. "I'll pick you up at eleven." He said. "Okay." Before I could get out he stopped me. "Here." I looked down seeing a gun. "Khalil I'm at a house party full of high schoolers. Do I really need this?" I sighed. "Take it or I'm taking you home."

I grabbed the gun and got out the car.

~Ace POV

I just got home and I walked inside. I was tired as shit tonight. "Wait. Can we talk." Jayda said before I could go upstairs. I turned around going in the kitchen where she was. "You want to know where I've been going all those times?" She asked. "If you about to lie then no." I sighed. "I'm not going to lie. You might want to sit down for this."

"I'll stand."

"I've been meeting with Kendrick." She said making my head pop up. "Meeting with Kendrick. For what?" I asked. "When I tell you this can you promise not to get mad."

"I'm already mad."

"I told him not to give you the job." She said making my head pop up. "WHAT!" I yelled making her jump. "Khalil can you just let me explain."

"What the fuck is there to explain Jayda!"

"I wanted to be able to spend more time with you. About a month ago he told me he was giving you the job, no question. I didn't want you to have it because I knew all your focus would be on them and not me." She said making me laugh a little. "Are you really that fucking stupid." I said getting up. "Am I stupid for wanting attention?"

"No you're fucking stupid for fucking up my job! What the fuck is wrong with you Jayda!" I yelled. "I'm sorry Khalil. I'll talk to him okay. I-" I cut her off. "Talking to him is what got us in this fucking shit to began with." I walked upstairs and she followed. "I get it your mad but lets not forget what you did to me." She said making me turn around. "I know you ain't talking bout your father."