13

~Trevae POV

"Before we get started with class, Trevae they want to see you in the front office." Ms. Jones said. "Uh, okay." I got up walking out to the office.

"You called for me?" I said once I got there. "Yes. We have a new student we want you to show him around the school." The lady said. "Where is he?" I asked noticing that no one was in here. "I'm right here." I turned around seeing this guy. Damn he was fine. "If you could just take him to his first block and help him around I'd appreciate that."

"Okay."

I walked out with the dude following next to me. "What's your name?" He asked me. "Trevae. You?" I asked. "Elijah."

"Let me see your schedule so I can take you to your first class." I said him. He pulled a folded paper out his pocket. And of course, he has the same first block as me. "Looks like we'll be going to the same place." I said handing him the paper back. "Who's the teacher?" He asked me. "Ms. Jones. You'll like her class. It's easy as hell to pass. All we do is group work in there." I said. "That's wassup. It'll be good to see a familiar face around here." He said looking over at me

We made it back to the class. "You're back." Ms. Jones said. "Class this is our knew student Elijah Green." She said. Nobody was really paying attention. "Well everybody's already paired up for the assignment so would you mind working with him?" She asked me. "Sure."

We walked back to my seat and he pulled a desk over by me. "You from Chicago?" He asked me. "Born and raised. You?" I asked. "Nah I from Atlanta. I moved up here to live with my dad." He said. "I've always wanted to go to Atlanta." I said. "Trust me. It's not the hype." He said.

It was slick awkward. I'm not much of a conversation starter with people I don't know. "So wassup with this school?" He asked. "What you mean?" I asked. "Anything I need to know about it?"

"The females here just looking for a quick fuck so watch out for them. The dudes here our iffy. Some of them are actually decent and some of them are dumb as a sack of rocks. The teachers are decent. Our football team is undefeated but I've never been to a game so I can't tell you how they are." I said. "And you?" He asked. "What about me?"

"You said the females just looking for a quick fuck. Is that including you?" He asked. "No. I don't really fuck with that many people here to start with. I have a best friend and I'm kind of cool with the guy over there." I said pointing at Garcia. "He seems, friendly. It's a lot of females over there." He said. "Yeah, you'll get used to seeing them around him. He attracts them." I scoffed. "I did see a bunch of posters about a game this weekend."

"Ah yes. The game of the year. We play our rivalry team. They've been going at it for God knows how long." I asked. "You going?" He asked me. "Football isn't really my thing." I shrugged. "I was thinking about going. See what the team looks like. You should come with me." He said. "Uh, I don't know bout all that." I laughed nervously. "It'll be fun. Just think about it."

**

I was waiting outside the school with Messiah when Elijah approached me. "Wassup." He said. "Oh, hey. Did you enjoy your first day?" I asked him. "It was straight. Who's this?" He asked looking at Messiah. "This is my best friend Messiah. The one friend that I was telling you about." I said. "Who's this?" Messiah said from behind me. "This is Elijah. He's new here." I said. I looked up seeing Khalil pull up. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said walking off to the car. "Wait." I heard Elijah call out making me turn around. "Put your number in my phone. I might need help with the homework later." He said handing me his phone.

I took it and put my number in it. We didn't even have homework. "See you later."

"Hey." I said getting inside the car. "Who's the kid?" He asked looking over at Elijah. "Never seen you around him before."