26

~Ace POV

"You out of yo fucking mind?" I said. "No. I'm not. Pass on the message for me." He said walking off. "Even I don't agree with that shit." Rondo said walking up to me. "When was she ever apart of the fucking deal anyway?" Kel added on. "I'm about to find out." I got up and went to Kendrick's office.

"What the fuck was that?" I said walking in. "Why do you look so upset?" He asked sarcastically. Rondo and Kel walked in. "Why the fuck would you try to make her the head of this shit?"

"I didn't try, I did." He said. "I'd rather Ace take the spot than her." Kel said making me side eye him. "I don't understand the issue. Y'all knew I was leaving and somebody was going to take my spot."

"I love Trevae like that was my lil sister. But I'll be damned if I have a little ass girl telling me how to do my job." Rondo said. "Well take that up with Trevae. If she doesn't want the job then Rondo can have it." He said making me and Kel look at him like he was crazy. "Rondo? He wasn't even up for the fucking position." Kel said. "Well now he is. The job is yours if she doesn't take it." He said looking at Rondo. "Now please excuse yourselves, I have some things to get handled before I go."

~Trevae POV

"So you can't come to the party?" Messiah said over the phone.

"Well he said I couldn't. But when has that ever stopped me?" I said.

"I don't know about this one Trevae. You just told me that there's a hit on yo head. Coming out the house probably isn't yo best option."

"So I'm just supposed to live in fear or some shit. I'll just tell him I'm going to your house." I said.

"I don't know if you remember correctly but that's the shit that got you kicked out in the first place. When are you going to stop lying to this man."

"Please Messiah can you just go along with it. I'll tell him to drop me off at your house and then we can go to the party and he can pick me back up from your house."

"Fine. But this the only time I'll fucking lie for you." He said.

"I think he's home now. I'll see you at school tomorrow." I said.

"Bye."

We hung up and I went out into the living room. "I'm hungry." I said to Khalil. "Then eat." He said walking past me and going upstairs. He looked like he was upset about something. "I don't want anything in there." I said following behind him.

"Then I don't know what the fuck to tell you Trevae." He sighed. "What's wrong with you?" I asked. "Nothing. Just some shit going on at the warehouse." He said.

"Well considering I work there shouldn't I know about it?" I asked. "You barely work there. You did a couple drug deals. Besides, it's a personal issue. You don't need to know about it." He said.

"Whatever. Can I go to Messiah's house Friday night?" I asked. "You really can't just sit in the house for a few weeks to make sure you don't die?"

"I'll just be in the house with him. You can even drive me there." I said. "I'll think about it. Don't you got like homework to do or something?"

**Next Day After School**

~Ace POV

I was waiting in the parking lot for Trevae to get out of school. I seen Messiah walking up to my car. "Wassup kid." I said getting out the car. "It's Messiah not kid." He said. "You need something?" I asked.

"Look I need to tell you something. But you cant tell Trevae that I told you." He said. "What is it?"

"Did she ask you if she could come over my house Friday?"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked. "This dude we used to be friends with, he's throwing a party for his birthday that night and she's trying to go with me." He said. "She knows she's not supposed to leave the fucking house."

"I know. That's what I told her but she doesn't listen. I just figured you should know about it." He said. "Preciate you." I got back in the car and a few minutes later Trevae got in the car.

"Did you really sit out in the parking lot the entire day?" She asked putting her bag in the backseat. "I told you I would." I said pulling off. "How was school?"

"School was school. Nothing spectacular. Can we get some Wendy's?" She asked. "When are you ever not hungry?" I said shaking my head. "I'm always hungry. Plus school lunch tastes like ass and I refuse to eat that." She said.

"I'll take you home first and I'll go get it myself."

**

"Is that Kendrick's car?" Trevae asked as we pulled into my house. "Yeah." I sighed. "When you get in the car just go straight in the house." I said handing her the keys to unlock the front door.

~Trevae POV

"Trevae! Good to see you." Kendrick said getting out of his car. Khalil told me all the things Kendrick said about me and how little he cared when my parents took me. "Wish I could say the same." I said walking past me.

"You don't look like you've celebrating much." He said. "Kendrick stop bro." Khalil sighed. "Celebrating for what?" I asked turning around. "Oh wow, he didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I said raising a brow. "Trevae didn't I say go straight in the house." Khalil said. "What is he talking about? What am I supposed to be celebrating?"

"Your new job. I'm stepping down from my position and you're stepping in." He said with a smile. "Wasn't that supposed to be between Khalil and Kel?" I asked. "Yeah well I think you're better for the position. I was just stopping by, hoping to see you at the warehouse and give you a tour of the place." He got back in his car and drove off. Khalil walked past me and went inside.

"So you wasn't going to tell me about that?" I said walking in behind him. "It would be pointless to tell you. You're not taking the job." He said. "Well what if I wanted the job."

"Trevae what are you talking about?" He said looking over to me. "Just think about it Khalil. I'd be making fucking bank if I had that job. And then you wouldn't have to spend money on me anymore." I said. "If I had a problem with spending money on you I wouldn't spend money on you." He said.

"I know but I'd rather have money that I'd be making myself."

"Listen, I barely wanted you dealing drugs to began with and I'm just now becoming okay with that. Now you talking about leading an entire gang. You don't have what it takes to do that shit." He said. "So you don't believe in me?"

"Don't try to make me be the bad guy. You're sixteen Trevae. There's a lot more than just dealing when it comes to leading a gang. You already got a hit on your head."

"You said that would die down in a few weeks."

"Okay so lets say this does die down in a few weeks. What's gonna happen when word gets out that you running shit. Anybody who had a hit out on Kendrick, will now have a hit out on you. People will be watching you 24/7. And on top of that anybody you associate with will have they're life on the line. So that little best friend of yours would be in danger." He said.

"I can handle myself." I shrugged. "You killed one person Trevae. That don't make you know certified killer."

"Khalil. Remember that one time you told me that you're not my father and you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my life and that I can make my own decisions?" I asked. "Where are you going with this?"

"Can this be the time where you let me make my own decisions."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋