15

~Trevae POV

Kill her! What the hell. I seen the other guy walk away and I walked out into the hallway. "Oh wassup." Elijah said noticing me. "I'm getting tired and it's almost midnight so I'm gonna head out." I said. "Ah damn. I was hoping you'd stick around for after." He said. "You'll live. I'll see you at school tomorrow." I said walking off. I pulled out my phone calling Rondo.

"Yo." He said answering the phone.

"You sound like you're stuffing your face." I said.

"You thought I was gone sit around and starve?"

"Well can you come on. I'm ready to go."

"Ight. I'm like five minutes away."

"Okay."

I hung up the phone and waited in the lobby for him to get here.

**

"Anything happen?" Rondo asked once I got in the car. "I overheard him and this guy talking in the hallway. Elijah's gonna invite me to the football game tomorrow. He was gonna give me a ride. They plan on kidnapping me then killing me." I said. "Don't go to the game." He said. "What, why not?"

"Did you not hear yourself. You said they plan on kidnapping you and then killing you. You did your part by finding out Elijah was a bad guy. Now let me handle it." He said making me laugh a little. "Wow. I thought you wanted me to do this?" I scoffed. "You did what I asked you to do. Now sit back. And let me handle the rest."

"No. I'm going to the game. Elijah doesn't scare me." I said. "You're one crazy ass kid you know that right." He said shaking his head. "Fine. Go to the game. But I'm gonna be there. I'll be distant and grab you before they can."

"And let me guess, you're gonna kill them." I said.

"What better way to do it."

**

I walked into the house seeing Khalil in the kitchen. "You're never up this late." I said. "Couldn't sleep." He shrugged. "What'd you and Messiah do?" He asked me. "Oh um, went out to eat and watched some movies at his house." I said. "That's wassup."

"Well I'm gonna get ready for bed." I said walking off. "Oh wait quick question." I said turning around. "Can I go to the football game tomorrow. I'll catch a ride with Messiah after school." I said. "Yeah sure. I got to go to drive up to Rockford with Jayda tomorrow anyway." He said. "Thanks. Goodnight." I walked to my room and got ready for bed.

**Next Morning**

I walked into first period and sat down. "Wassup Trevae." Garcia said. "Hey."

"You coming to the game later?" He asked. "Actually, I am. So you better impress me." I said. "Of course." He smiled. I looked around but I didn't see Elijah. "Did you see Elijah today?" I asked Garcia. "I seen him in the courtyard this morning but he walked off campus with some other niggas." He said. "Why? You cheating on me with him?" He pouted. "Garcia shut up."

**

It was lunch period and I went out to the courtyard to see if Elijah was out here. Just like I expected, he was out here sitting by himself. "Hey." I said walking up to him. "Wassup."

"Why didn't you come to first period today?" I asked sitting next to him. "I missed the bus this morning. Got to school late." He said. "Oh okay."

"Did I miss anything in class?" He asked. "Nope. It's game day so that's all the conversation was." I said. "Speaking of gameday, are you going to take me up on my offer and go to the game with me?" He asked. "Fine. But you gone have to explain that stuff to me cause I'm not a football fan." I laughed. "I got you."