25

~Ace POV

"What the fuck you mean she's gone?" I asked.

"When I heard the shots I got Trevae and pulled her behind my car. But when the shots finished airing out I looked over and she was gone."

"Did somebody take her? Do you know where she went?"

"I don't know that's why I'm calling you."

~Trevae POV

When the shots went off I took off running. I don't know who the bullets were meant for but they were aiming close to where Messiah and I were. I stopped running to catch my breath and realized where I was. I was by the school so that meant the house wasn't too far.

**

"Oh thank goodness." Jayda said hugging me when I got in the house. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She asked looking at me. "No I'm fine. Just out of fucking breath." I said walking to the couch. "Khalil called me and told me to see if I could find you. What happened?"

"It was a drive-by. I'm fine. Is everything okay with you though? I can smell the liquor on your breath." I said making her look away from me. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." She said with a small smile. "I'm gonna go shower. I need to handle some things with my dad's funeral and I don't want to be here when Khalil gets home." She said getting up. "You two cant avoid each other forever you know that right."

"Yeah I know." She went upstairs.

**

About twenty minutes later I heard the front door open. "TREVAE!" Khalil yelled walking in. "I'm in here!"

"You good?" He said sitting down next to me. "Yes I'm fine. I would've called you myself but I don't have a phone." I said. "I'll get you one today. What happened?"

"Messiah offered to take me home because you and Jayda weren't answering the phone. He took me to Chick-Fil-A and when we were leaving, this car started letting out shots. Messiah pulled me down behind his car but I ran before anything got worse." I said. "You shouldn't have ran. Somebody could have followed you." He said. "Yeah well nobody did, I made sure of it."

"Do you remember what the car looked like?" He asked me. "I think it was a black Suburban. I seen it like twice before that but I didn't think anything of it." I said. I looked over at him and he looked pissed. "Trevae I need you to be completely honest with me right now. When you was dealing, did you piss off anybody?" He asked.

"Not that I remember. Why?"

"If the Suburban is the car that shot at you then you could be in some deep shit right now. Are you sure you didn't piss off anybody? Were there any altercations between you and a customer?" He asked me. "I mean something kind of happened at my first one."

"Something like what?"

"I pulled a gun on both of them." I said. "Both of them? There were two?" He asked me. "Yeah. These two big guys. I think their names was like Jayden. Or maybe it was Jayven. I d-" He cut me off. "Jason?"

"Yeah and this other guy was with him. His name was Rome. They tried to play me so I did what I thought I had to do." I said. "But they shouldn't be pissed right. They got their product and I got my money. I don't see the issue." I said. "You pulled a gun on two mafia leaders." He sighed.

~Ace POV

"I swear I did not know they were mafia leaders. If I would've known that then I wouldn't have done it." Trevae said. "Of course you didn't know. But Kendrick did." I said clenching my jaw. "Look. Do not leave this house under any fucking circumstances you hear me. Don't step foot out that fucking door." I said. "What about school?"