45

~Trevae POV

"Trevae sit down." Rondo said as I paced back and forth in the hospital. "You want me to stay calm then let me pace." I said. I only called him here because I didn't want to bother anyone else. "Alrighty guys." The doctor said approaching us. "I don't know if you believe in miracles but I do." He said. "What happened?" Rondo asked. "I don't know what you did or said in there but it woke him up." He said. "But what was happening in there? Ya know, with his heart?" I asked.

"It was just a reaction to the medicine he was on." He said. "So he's awake now?" Rondo asked. "He's out of the coma. He is still asleep because of the medicine but he should be up soon." He said. We walked back to his room sitting down. "You can take it easy now Trevae. He's good." Rondo said to me.

"You didn't hear what he went through. I don't think he'll ever be good."

**Next Day**

I fell asleep on the chair next to Khalil's bed. My hand was holding his until I felt his hand move. "Rondo." I said waking him up. "What?" He groaned. "I think he's awake." I said. I looked down at our hands waiting for movement. His finger moved again and I looked up at his eyes which were open.

"Khalil can you hear me?" I asked making him look at me. "Nigga say something." Rondo said approaching the bed. "I should kill both of y'all for leaving me in this hospital." He said making both of us laugh. "I'll go get the doctor." Rondo said walking out.

"I'm so glad you're awake." I smiled. "You and me both. I need to get out of this hospital." He said trying to get out of the bed.

"Not so fast Mr. Harris." The doctor said walking inside. "You won't be getting out of here anytime soon." He said. "If that's what you think." Khalil mumbled. "Just going to ask you a few questions and ask you to do a few things." He said.

~Ace POV

"First things first. Can you read the time on that clock for me?" He asked pointing at it. "2:27." I said. "Good job. I'm going to tell you three words and I want you to repeat them after I ask a few questions." He said.

"Pencil, Car, Cellphone. Can you remember those for me?" He asked. "Yes." I sighed. "Can you tell me the two names of your friend's here?"

"Trevae and Rondo." He said. "Great. What is your full name?"

"Khalil Jermaine Harris. We done yet?" I asked. "Not yet. Can you repeat those three words to me?" He asked. "Pencil. Car. Cellphone."

"Everything is looking good. Now I want you to follow the light with your eyes." He said. He took out a light and I followed it.
"Good. Good. Last thing I want you to do is squeeze my hand."

"Why?" I asked raising a brow. "You were stabbed in your chest and we want to make sure it didn't hit a nerve or affect your hand in any way." He said. The doctor held his hand out in front of me. I held my hand out grabbing his hand. "Can you get a tighter grip?" He asked. "No." I said. "Is that a bad thing?" Trevae asked.

"It's expected considering the amount of blood he lost. It'll take a while for him to gain his strength back. So, no heavy lifting. No fast pace movements. No climbing. And nothing too extra." The doctor said. "So I can go now?" I asked. "Not so fast. We're going to keep you monitored for the rest of the day to make sure everything is okay." He said before walking out.

"I need to get out of here and find the fuck niggas who did this to me." I said trying to take the IV out of my arm. "Ace my nigga sit down. Trevae handled that." He said making me look over at her. "Handled it how?" I asked. "They're all dead."

"You did it all by yourself?" I asked. "You surprised?" She asked. "A little."

"I'll let y'all talk or whatever. I really need sleep." Rondo said. "I'll see you later my nigga." He said dapping me up.

"We should get a dog." She said making me raise a brow. "What?" I asked. "A dog. We should get a dog." She said. "I don't want a dog." I said. "Why not? Everybody wants a dog."

"Not me."

"Why?" She asked. "Because I don't. What makes you sure that I'm even letting you back in my house?" I asked. "You would have kicked me out your hospital room already if that was the case." She said.

"I don't want a dog."

"But why though?" She asked. "I can't afford a dog." I said. "Khalil you're a drug dealer. You buy a new car every other month and you mean to tell me you can't afford a dog?" She scoffed. "I can't afford a dog."

"Oh my gosh." She said dropping her jaw. "What?"

"You're scared of dogs." She said trying to stop from laughing. "I kill people Trevae. I'm not scared of dogs." I said. "Wow that is embarrassing. You're scared of dogs." She said laughing. "I'm going back to sleep."

~Rondo POV

"So he's fine?" Kel asked. "Yep. He's fine." I said. "So we're done here. Trevae killed the niggas who did it. We can go back home." Andrew said. "Doctor said we got to wait til tomorrow to see if he can get out of here." I said.

"Um guys. I think we have bigger problems to worry about now." Kayla said walking out the bathroom. "What now?" I sighed.

"I just got off the phone with some people who knew about Khalil." She said. "What about him?" I asked.

"Apparently Kendrick was working with people. This couple from the south. They came up to Chicago to work with Kendrick but they found out he was dead. They didn't know until now that Khalil is the one that killed him." She said.

"What are you saying?"

**Next Day**

~Ace POV

"Mr. Harris!" The doctor said walking into my room waking me up. "Yo could you be any louder?" I groaned putting my hand over my eyes. "You should be a little more excited than that. You get to leave today." He smiled. "He does? Everything is good?" Trevae asked. She stayed the night in the hospital again. "He sure is. Just have a few papers to sign for the discharge and you'll be good to go."

"Give me the papers." I said. He handed me a clip board and a pen. "You remember what I said right Mr. Harris?"

"No heavy lifting, no this, no that, yeah I know. We done?" I asked making him laugh a little. "Yep. You had some clothes dropped off last night so you are ready to go."

Trevae left so I could get dressed. They brought me a grey Nike sweat suit. I walked out the room and went outside seeing Rondo and everyone else. "When she'd get here?" I said looking at Kayla. "Um, I'm the one who found you thanks a lot." She laughed. I gave her hug but felt a little pain in my side.

"You good?" Kel asked noticing. "I'm fine. Can I get back to my house now?" I said. "About that. You can't go home." Rondo said. "The fuck you mean I can't go home?"

"You killed Kendrick." He said. "I know. Why the fuck does his death mean I can't go home?" I scoffed.

"Killing people comes with consequences. And now yours is coming back to bite you in the ass."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋