31

~Trevae POV

Ten minutes had passed since I heard Jayda on the phone. I called Rondo and Kel to tell them what was going on.

From Kel : Outside.
Delivered : 11:27 p.m

Sent : Coming out.
Delivered : 11:27 p.m

I went outside seeing Rondo's truck in the driveway. "Why you got us meeting here like this spy kids or some shit?" Kel asked when I got in the car. "I think Jayda set Khalil up to die." I said making both of them turn back to look at me. "What are you talking about?" Rondo asked. "I overheard Jayda on the phone with some guy named Kevin and she was yelling at him about leaving no survivors or something like that."

"What makes you so sure she was talking about Ace?" Kel asked. "It's no coincidence that the same night Khalil almost dies, Jayda is on the phone talking about no survivors. Besides, their current relationship isn't the most loving situation in the world." I said. "You said his name was Kevin?" Kel asked making me nod.

"Alright. We'll look into it. In the mean time, you stay lowkey. Don't be weird or let Jayda know you overheard her conversation." Rondo said. "Okay I can do that." I said. "Most importantly, don't tell Ace."

"What, why? He needs to know that he's living in the same house of the woman trying to get him killed." I said. "Because Ace has a short temper. He'll go and do something stupid and make things worse. Me and Kel will go back to the warehouse and figure some things out. Once we get some information we'll let you know what to do and you handle it how you want to handle it. But like I said, for now, stay cool." Rondo said. "You'll call me as soon as you hear something?" I asked. "I promise."

I got out the car walking back into the house.

"Who was that?" Jayda asked coming around the corner. "Gosh you scared me." I said holding my chest. "My bad." She said laughing a little. "But who were you out there talking to?"

"Oh um, I was just talking to Rondo and Kel about our business next weekend." I said. "Must not have been good news. You look upset." She said. "I'm fine." I said with a small smile. "Okay well I'm going to go check on Khalil."

"No." I said before she could walk away. She turned around looking at me crazy. "Why not?" She asked raising a brow. "Because. He's sleeping. He told me not to let anyone bother him for the night." I said. "Well alright. I'm going to visit someone." She said walking grabbing her keys. She walked out the door. "TREVAE!" I heard Khalil yell my name. I ran upstairs to make sure he was okay. "What? Are you okay?" I asked walking in the room. "Can you hand me my phone." He sighed sitting up out of his bed.

"Are you serious? I thought there was a problem." I scoffed. "The problem is my phone is all the way over there and I'm in too much pain to get it myself." He said. "Here." I said throwing it at him. "Damn girl. You almost hit my head."

"That was the point. I'm going to bed, I've got school in the morning." I said walking out. I went in my room and got ready for bed.

**The Next Morning**

After getting dressed for school, I grabbed my bag and left my room. "Want a ride?" Khalil said on the couch. "Aren't you supposed to be resting?" I asked. "I haven't rested all night. Couldn't sleep." He said. "Why not?"

"I don't know. I just keep getting this feeling like something bad is about to happen." He said. "That's an understatement." I mumbled. "What?"