12

~Ace POV

"Not you. Trevae."

"Hell nah!" I yelled. "Do you not see what the fuck she did for us?" Kendrick said. "Yeah. But that don't mean she no damn Sherlock Holmes. She found out something with common sense. She don't got enough street smarts to even step into no shit like this." I said. "You don't know that." Kel said. "Shut the fuck up talking to me dawg." I said looking at him. "Ace listen. That girl got street smarts. I can tell. I want you to bring her down here tomorrow morning." Kendrick said. "She has school."

"Then bring her after." He said. "I'm not bringing her into this shit. Because the minute her name gets put in this shit is the minute a target is put on her head. I told her I was gone keep her safe and this ain't how you do it." I said. "I get you want to take care of the kid but she could put this shit to rest before something bad happens. You wouldn't be able to live with yourself if something happened to Jayda or your parents." Kendrick said.

"That's because it ain't gone happen. I'm not bringing her in, end of fucking discussion." I said walking out.

**Next Day**

~Trevae POV

"Last night was fun." Messiah said as he walked me to my first period. "It was. I really needed that. Thank you." I said with a smile. "Anytime." He said. "I'll see you in third block." We parted ways and I walked into my first period. 

**

I was in the courtyard waiting for Messiah. "I missed you at lunch today." I said to him when he walked up. "Mr. Hamilton was on that bullshit. He put me in detention." He scoffed. "For what?" I asked. "I fell asleep like three times. That niggas class is boring as hell I don't know what the hell he expects from me." He shrugged. "Glad I got out of that class." I laughed. "You got a ride home?" He asked. "Khalil told me he was coming to get me but he's late." I said. "You want me to wait with you?"

"No it's okay. I'll text you when he gets here." I said. "Ight. See you tomorrow." He walked off to his car. A black truck pulled up to the side of me. I'd never seen it before. The window rolled down, it was Kendrick. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Get in."

"Did Khalil tell you to come pick me up or something?" I asked. "If he didn't I wouldn't be here." He said. I got in the car putting my bag in the back. "You missed the turn to his house." I said looking over at him. "We're going to the warehouse." He said making me raise a brow. "For what?" I asked. "You'll see when we get there." I was confused on what he wanted with me.

**

We walked into his office seeing Kel and Rondo in there. "Where's Khalil?" I asked sitting down. "Not here obviously." Kel said. "Don't be a dick." Rondo said. "Can somebody please tell me what the hell I'm doing here?"

"We need your help with a job." Kendrick said. "Somebody else stealing your money?" I asked. "No. It's something more serious than that." Rondo said. "Like what?"

"There was a note left on my doorstep. We need help finding the people who left it there." Kel said. "And how exactly am I supposed to help you with that?" I asked. "Well you're pretty smart. Got any ways on how we could find them?" Kendrick asked. "I helped yall with one thing. I don't do this for a living. I wouldn't even know where to start." I said. "So you can't give us any idea on how to find these niggas?" Rondo asked. "I mean I could think of a few things but it may take a day or two." I said. "Take as much time as you need. But not too much time because a lot of people lives are at stake. Even yours." Kendrick said.

"Wait what? What do I have to do with any of this?" I asked. "You ain't got shit to do with this." I turned around seeing Khalil. "I specifically told yall niggas I didn't want her involved in this shit. And yall go behind my fucking back any damn way?" He scoffed. "Ace chill. She was just trying to help." Kel said. "Don't tell me what the fuck she was trying to do. I don't want yall near her no fucking more." He said. "It's not that deep Khalil they just wanted my help." I said. "Go get in the car." He said. I just stood there. "All yall niggas can kiss my ass." He said before walking out. I followed behind him out to the car.