24

~Jayda POV

**One Hour Later**

I was calling Khalil's phone to see if he was okay. When he left earlier today he hadn't come home nor called since then. My doorbell rung. I opened the door seeing Dawson. He worked with my dad. "Hey Dawson. I wasn't expecting you until later." I said letting him inside. "Yeah I know but the information I have just couldn't wait anymore." He said sitting on the couch.

"You want something to drink or anything?" I asked. "No I'm good. But you may want to sit for this." I sat down getting scared. "What's going on?" I asked. "Khalil killed your father." He said making my eyes widen. "That's not funny Dawson." I said. "I'm not joking Jayda. I was there." He said.

"I was told everybody who was there that night died. How did you survive?" I asked.

"When Khalil came into the building, I guess he was eavesdropping on me and the boys conversation. We were talking about a situation. I was getting up to go talk to Mike. But when I turned the corner, your boy put me in a chokehold. But I seen his face. I was out cold but I woke up a few minutes later in the basement. I heard gunshots and I cracked the door open to see what was going on. I saw another guy who was with Khalil, he was killing off everybody downstairs so I made sure to stay hidden. He went upstairs and I could hear their conversation. They made it clear that Khalil had killed Mike."

"There's no way he could've done this." I said feeling tears run down my face. "I know it's hard to believe but it's true." He said.

"And he didn't even have the guts to tell me."

**

After waiting an hour and drinking glass after glass of Hennessy, I finally heard the front door open. I waited on the couch until Khalil came in. "Trevae go in your room." I heard him say.

"Welcome home Ace." Dawson said to him. Khalil walked into the living room seeing me. "Did you kill my father?" I asked him as I sat my cup down. "Jayda baby li-" I cut him off. "DID YOU KILL MY FATHER!" I yelled. My blood was boiling at this point. "Can we talk about this without him in the room." He said looking at Dawson.

"Come on Dawson, I'll walk you out." Jayda said walking away.

~Ace POV

Before the dude left, he stopped next to me. "I bet you're wishing you killed me too." He said laughing a little bit. I sat down on the couch grabbing the Hennessy bottle. I took a sip that I knew I was going to need. Jayda walked back in the room with a look of disgust on her face. "How could you?" She scoffed. "Jayda can you just let me talk for a second."

"Talk."

"Mike was bad person." I said. "And you aren't?" She asked. "He was the one that put the hit out on Trevae. He sent Elijah out to kill her. If it weren't for me he would've found another plan to kill her." I said. "So what? You're saying you did everybody a favor by killing him?" She asked. "If I'm being honest." I said. "You sat next to me the day I found out. Your exact words were that you'd find the people who did this. Who knew you were the mutha fucka I was looking for."

"Jayda I'm sorry alright. But what was I supposed to do?" I asked. "I should've left you a long time ago." She scoffed. "That's what you told your dad right." I said making her head pop up. "What?"

"Before I blew that bitch ass nigga brains out, he told me that you came to him earlier that day talking about how you wished for a better man than me and somebody who didn't devote they life to the streets." I said. "Are you trying to turn this around on me?"

I ignored her and walked upstairs. "You killed my father Khalil." She said following behind me. "Yes Jayda, I know that. Are you going to keep reminding me of that shit. It was either me or him." I said. "It should've been you." She scoffed making me turn around. "That's how you feel?" I asked. "You're a fucking murderer. I should call the police."