47

~Ace POV

I went around the back of the car popping the trunk. I lifted up the secret compartment putting my gun away. "What are you doing?" Trevae asked looking at me. "What it look like I'm doing?" I asked. "Asking to die. Get your fucking gun." She said. "No. I'll be fine."

"Look Khalil, I know you think you're some type of warrior and you think you invincible or some shit. And you may not notice but your body aint fully healed from what you just went through. You need your gun." She said. I closed the trunk and walked past her. "Rondo let me talk to you real quick." I said pulling him to the side.

"If I die today I-" He cut me off. "Man get out my ear with that shit. You ain't bout to die." He said brushing me off. "But if I do, I need you to promise me something." I said making him raise a brow. "Let Trevae stay with you."

"She ain't gone need a place to stay cause she gone be living with you." He said. "Promise me you gone take care of her. I want her staying with you. Not Kel. Not Andrew." I said. "Why me?"

"Y'all got a bond whether you know it or not. Just do it." I sighed. "Fine." I walked off approaching the side of the motel. "You're fucking stupid you know that right." Trevae whispered from behind me. I didn't say anything. I stopped feeling a sharp pain. It felt like my heart was about to beat in my chest. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. You go that way." I said pointing. "No. I'm not leaving you."

"Trevae listen to me. I'll be fine. Go." I said. She hesitated before walking off. I continued walking until I made it to a back door. It was a busted down motel so of course the door was open. I went inside following the voices of the conversation I could hear. It was coming from one of the rooms. I knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer.

"Well look at what the cat dragged in." A woman said once the door was opened. "You got some nerve showing your face in here." An older guy said standing up off the bed. "I heard yall been looking for me." I said. "You damn right." He said pulling out the gun. "Woah wait a second." The lady said with a sarcastic smirk. "Have a seat." She said letting me inside. I walked in. "I said have a seat."

"I'll stand."

"Whatever makes you happy." She shrugged. "If I'm not mistaken, I was supposed to be dead by now." I said raising a brow. "Yeah you are. I'm trying to figure out why the fuck you aren't." The guy said. "I want to talk a little. Maybe we can exchange a few words before you die."

"You're like fifty. What words could we possibly exchange?" I asked. "You know why we want you dead right?" She asked. "Because I killed your lil inspector gadget?"

"Ding, Ding, Ding. My question is why?" She asked. "Because he had my girlfriend killed." I said. "If I'm correct, that little pet of yours is the one that pulled the trigger. I mean she is what this is all about right?"

"First off, she ain't a pet. Second, if you want ME dead then why she even coming up in this conversation?" I asked. "It's crazy how you can never spot a snake." She said shaking her head. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh you haven't seen the video?" The guy asked. "Video of what?"

"She's the reason we found you. It's crazy how much a person will tell you when it comes to a price." He laughed shaking his head a little. He started playing an audio of Trevae talking.

"You talking about that bitch ass nigga Khalil? Why didn't you just say that from the get go. He's put me through so much shit in the past. Kicked me out on my ass, twice. I've been waiting for him to get what he deserves. Tell me what you want to know."

He stopped the recording. "Was that supposed to piss me off?" I said chuckling a little. "I mean, the little girl that you've given everything to ratted you out to the same people who wanted HER dead. How do you think they really found you? And who do you think told us about you." She said. I didn't say anything. "How about we make a deal."

"Or we could kill him now." The guy said making her hold her hand up. "A deal?" I questioned. "You're good at what you do. Come work with me." She said. "What makes you think I'll leave the people I work with now?" I asked. "As of now you work under a little girl who's doing you dirty. You could come over to me and work for yourself." She said. "And the money?"

"Like I said. You work for yourself. Whatever you do as far as drug deals and hits is the money you make on your part." She said. "Fine. I'll do it." I said. She held her hand and we shook on it. "But there's one more thing." She said grabbing the gun that the guy was holding. She held it out in front of me. "What?"

"I know they followed you here. I seen them. I need you to end it." She said. "End it?" I asked raising a brow.

"Go out there and kill them. Both of them."

~Trevae POV

I was walking around the building but I wasn't able to focus. Khalil should have let me come with him. "Hey." I turned around seeing a man. "What are you doing back here?" He asked. "Looking for something." I said. "Looking for what?" He asked. I didn't know what to say so I sent it to bullet through his head. That was a good enough answer, right?

I started hearing more gunshots from a gun that wasn't mine. Considering Khalil went in there unarmed, that could only mean one thing. I ran in, searching for the doors to figure out where the shots were coming from. I walked in a room seeing Khalil crouched over trying to catch his breath. "Are you okay?" I asked coming up to him. "I'm fine. Let's go." He said walking off. I followed behind him. "What happened in there?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm going back to my own home now." He said getting in the car and driving off. "Um, that was my ride." The security guard said. "We'll take you home Steve."

**Later that night**

We had moved back into Khalil's house and it felt good to finally be home. There was something off with Khalil though. "Hey." I said sitting next to him on the couch. "Wassup." He said without taking his eyes off the TV. "You've been really quiet today." I said trying to avoid the same "Are you okay?" question. "What's to talk about?" He asked.

"I don't know. Normally you would have cracked a joke or gotten mad at me about something by now." I shrugged.

~Ace POV

What exactly was on my mind right now?

That recording.

I mean, obviously it's not real. But for that recording to be fake, it said a lot of things that a lot of people shouldn't know. Like me kicking her out. Who was that on the recording and why the fuck did they sound so much like Trevae?

"Hellooooo." Trevae said snapping her fingers in my face making me snap out of my thoughts. "There's nothing wrong with me kid. I'm fine. All the petty as drama is gone. I'm fine. You're fine. We're both back at home. Alive. I'm coolin." I said. "It feels good to know that you're out of drama for the moment." She said.

"It sure does. But let's not jinx that."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Sorry for the uneventful chapter. I had to end some beef shit to start some fresh beef coming up.