52

~Trevae POV

"Holy fuck." I said looking down at Kayla's lifeless body through the window. Rondo and Khalil followed behind me. "Oh you got to be shitting me right now." Rondo said. "So what? That makes two dead bodies and a missing person." Khalil sighed. "And the only person who knew where to find Kel is now dead." I said.

I could hear people gathering and screaming around Kayla's body as police arrived.

There was a rapid knock on the door making Khalil open it. It was the lady that greeted us when we got here. "Khalil you have to go. Now." She said walking in. "There have been two bodies in the last three hours and they are both people that came with you. We don't need any more turning up and I don't want anything to happen to anyone in this room." She said. "Understood. We'll be out in the hour." He said before she left. "That's it? We just gone leave like that?" I asked.

"Not going to argue with an old lady I respect. Disregarding that, I have something to do. Go pack up your stuff and come back to the room with Rondo until I get back." He said before leaving.

~Ace POV

With Kel being missing, I needed to figure where he was headed before we leave. I went down to lobby of the hotel approaching the desk. "Hello sir. What can I do for you?" The lady asked. "Is Marv in the back?" I asked her. "Yes he is. Would you like for me to get him for you?" She asked. "Yeah." She went back there and came back out with Marv. "Let me holla at you for a second." I said to him. He walked around the counter and we went off to the side.

"You still working tech right?" I asked making him nod. I need to see your cameras." I said to him. "You cutting a check?" He asked. "If you give me what I want." I said. I followed him back to the office and sat down. "Got a time range?" He asked. "Ten last night." I said to him. He went to the time stamp and let the video play.

"Stop right here." I seen him and Kayla in the hallway. She was handing him a paper. "Can you zoom in on that and enhance it?" I asked him. "Do you know who you talking to my nigga?" He asked sarcastically. "Just do it."

He went to work zooming in and making the picture clearer. "It looks like a plane ticket." He said. "Can you see where?" I asked. "Looks like Milwaukee." He said questionably. "Of course." I said to myself. "Preciate you Marv." I said about to walk out. "Where's my money?" He asked.

"I owe you one bro!" I yelled walking back to my room. I packed my stuff and went back to Rondo's room where they were waiting. "He got a flight to Milwaukee." I said walking in. "I already called up some old folks from here, we got a flight whenever we're ready." Rondo said. "Let's go. We'll head back to Chicago and move from there." I said.

**

~Trevae POV

"It was good to meet you." Xavier said as we were boarding our plane. "I wish we could have stayed here longer." I said. "Well you never know. I might pop up in Chicago one day." He said smiling. "Well I hope you do. Thanks for taking me out to at least try to enjoy my birthday."

"No problem. Have a safe flight." He said. He gave me a kiss before walking away. Why the fuck did this shit have to go down now?

I got on the plane and sat down.

A few minutes later and we took off.

"You've been awfully quiet. What's on your mind?" Khalil asked sitting down next to me.

"The same girl who hated me because she thought I wanted her boyfriend is now the same girl I have to meet up with to tell her that her boyfriend is dead and their daughter wont grow up with her father." I said. "There's nothing you could have done to stop this." He said. "I'm sick of blaming myself for shit that I had no control of. But I just feel like if I were to talk to him or at least invite him to the party he would have been with me. He would have been alive."