2. Meet with Professor Dumbledore

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Harry gets rid of Quirrell, getting himself crazy injured in the process by the shards of glass that broke off from the mirror.

He gets up a few days later.

________________________________________

Harry groaned. "Fine, just a little bit confused. And my back is aching."

Madame Pomfrey nodded. "I would have been surprised if it hadn't. You fell on quite a bit of glass young man. Now if you'll turn on your stomach I can apply some cream that will ease the pain and speed up the healing process."

Harry turned carefully, making sure to move slower than last time. He winced slightly as the nurse applied the cream on his back. Fortunately the effect was instant. As the pain in his back faded, Harry's head cleared, making way for panic and worry.

"Could I speak to professor Dumbledore please?" Harry asked, as he cried to control his voice to stay even. He could feel his heart start to race as the Medi Witch frowned.

"You are in luck mister Potter," she said, checking his pulse as she helped Harry turn back in a sitting position. "It seemed the Headmaster wished to speak to you as well. I was about to send him away when you awoke. He is waiting for you if you wished to speak with him."

Harry nodded. Madame Pomfrey gave him a searching look before clicking her tong disapprovingly and moved beyond the screen. No sooner had she left or professor Dumbledore appeared around the screen.

"Professor, please, I'm sorry, I really tried..."

"Harry, calm down my boy," professor Dumbledore said raising his hands. "Everything is fine. You did well and showed remarkable strength keeping Quirrell at bay like that."

Harry looked at the headmaster intensely. "Have we done it then? I don't think I could have kept Voldemort much longer of the stone."

Professor Dumbledore looked at him searchingly. "Not the Stone my dear boy, but you were what he wanted. I was afraid that I would have been too late. Especially after all the blood you had lost falling on the Mirror... and that is something I wished to speak to you about as well."

Harry continued to have mixed feelings. He was glad that Voldemort hadn't gotten to the stone, but what about Ron and Hermione? Would they get punished for being out of bounds? Would he get punished for destroying the Mirror? And what about Quirrell? Harry felt slightly dizzy with all the questions inside of his head.