69. Changes

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Harry and the Weasley twins plan a prank to drive Lockhart away from Hogwarts.

________________________________________

In the remainder of the days that were left until the Christmas Vacation, many of the study group members played simple, harmless and planned pranks on Lockhart. The said man initially thought it was a joke. But he got flustered when it went on. Even the teachers, including the Headmaster found it amusing. One day, Lockhart got fed up of the playing victim to the pranks and decided to watch who was playing those on him.

All of the teachers, including the headmaster were fed up with him. So, when he told them about his plan, the first thing they did was to tell the students of study group about this and make sure they don't give their identity out. They took extra caution and set up traps in his office when he was far away from there. By now, everyone got to know that he was a fraud and Dumbledore had escalated this matter to the Hogwarts Board of Governors.

Charlus had regained the Potter Seat and Sirius had regained the Black Seat in the Board. Remus had transferred his powers as the Head of House of Lupin back to his father, Lyall, who reassumed his power in the Wizengamot and other positions as the Head of House. They decided to sack Lockhart from his position as the teacher due to his incompetent nature. And they decided to let Professor Snape to take over the post until they find a competent teacher.

This change brought in help from Lily, James and Sirius. She decided to take Potions classes for the students while Severus took over full time DADA. James and Sirius too came over to the castle and helped the teachers in teaching. James helped Flitwick in Charms while Sirius helped Minerva in Transfiguration. Both handled students till fourth year, while the other two took over fifth to seventh.

This caused an ease amongst the students and they started working hard. The study group helped those who were stuck in their spell work and homework. The family of new members of the group bought the new DADA books for them. When they had written about the study group they had joined, they agreed to get the extra books for the other subjects as well so that they could practice the spellwork and potions. And this went on until Christmas.