65. The Hunt - 1

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Harley tells Harry about the strange hissing noise that he had heard for the first time that day.

________________________________________

The next day was thankfully a Saturday. Harry went to Snape's quarters with Harley after breakfast to discuss about what Harley told him. He didn't have any homework as he had already finished all of it. "Come in." said the Potions Master, even though he knew it was Harry. Even Draco didn't have the privilege of going to the quarters, even though the said boy was his own godson.

"What is it, Harry? What can I do for you today?" he asked as Harry shut the door. "How did you know that it was me?" asked Harry. "You're the only who has unrestricted access to my living quarters. That's how I know." Said Severus as he looked from the essay he was grading. "What happened?" he asked again. Harry explained the whole conversation he had with Harley the previous evening.

Severus nodded at this. "So, he can hear faint noises, is it?" he asked and looked at the snake. Harley nodded. "We'll have to take this to Albus, Har. It's about something that we adults had discussed when you and your friends were swimming on your birthday." Said Severus, looking grim. Since that weekend was a Hogsmeade weekend, there was no DADA class.

The duo sped their way through the castle to the Headmaster's office. He too had a grim expression when he heard Harry's conversation. "Call the team, Severus. I want to finish this as soon as possible." He said. Severus sent a patronus to James, Lily and Sirius, one to Remus and one to Lucius.

The said people arrived as soon as possible and got ready to go. Harry was told about their conversation about the horcruxes and their conversation that day. They didn't include Harry's horcrux information. James and Lily nodded when Severus told them that Harry knew everything except for his scar. They soon went down to the bathroom in which Myrtle was last seen alive. "Miss Warren, can you spare a moment, please?" asked Dumbledore. McGonagall and Lily were the ones who came in with him. The men stayed out because they found the ghost's flirting annoying.

"Yes, Headmaster. What is it?" she asked from the cubicle she was seen hovering in. "We need to know how you died." He said. She was surprised by the question, but answered it nonetheless. "It was dreadful. It happened right here, in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me because of my glasses. I was crying, and then, I heard somebody coming." She said.

"Who was it, Mis Warren?" asked McGonagall