16. Going Home - 2

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Everyone finish their breakfast and prepare to leave.

________________________________________

The family was going to leave to Potter Castle through Dumbledore's floo system. Harry had one last check up from Madame Pomfrey and was given the green signal in terms of his health. They bid their goodbyes to the headmaster and went through the fireplace to the giant castle the Potters once called their home.

"Welcome Home, Harry." said Lily as she came through the floo with her son. "Thanks mum." He said with a grin. James called Sharpy, the Head elf of the House of Potter and told him to clean up his old room and place Harry's trunk and broom there as Harry requested to carry Hedwig and her cage to the room himself. They went over to his room after showing the others their rooms. Harry opened the cage door as James went on to open the window, so that she can fly in and out whenever she wanted to.

"It's not much as of now, Harry. We can decorate it according to your tastes before you get back to school in September." Said James. Harry was looking around the room in awe when he heard his dad say this and nodded.

The room had a four-poster bed placed against the accent wall in the centre. There was a window right next to the bed, under which a good-sized study table with a matching chair was placed, with a small bookshelf that was placed for holding the books that the user would be using for reference while studying. Across the bed, there was a huge bookshelf to hold the occupant's personal store of books and magazines. There was a couch and a centre table by the book shelf. A few bean bags were also placed around the table so that they feel comfortable whenever they're reading casually. "This used to be my room, Harry. But now, it's your own." James added. Harry nodded. His father noticed that he wanted to tell something but was hesitating. "What is it, Har?" asked James gently, as he steered his son to the bed and sat him on his lap.

"Dad, I want to change the theme from the current colour scheme to some other ones. Not that I don't like it. But it's just that I get enough of red and gold in Hogwarts." He said quietly, his eyes trained to his feet the whole time. He had noticed the spark in James' eyes when he told him about being sorted into Gryffindor and how he had gotten excited when he saw the said house winning the House Cup.

James understood what his son was trying to tell immediately. He put two fingers under his boy's chin and pulled it up so that he could see Harry's eyes. "I won't mind, Harry. You could use whatever colour scheme you want to use." He assured the eleven-year-old. "Really?" he asked. "Really. I won't mind." Was the answer. "Now, tell me what colours do you want?"