34. Studies - 5

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

First Transfiguration and Charms class start and finish without any interruptions.

________________________________________

"None of you don't need to feel any sort of tension when we are here in Potter Castle." He said with a smile. Harry wasn't shocked by this as he had already seen this form of Snape earlier that day during breakfast. The others had their jaws nearly touching the floor. "I'd shut my mouth to prevent any flies from entering." He said and chuckled at their expressions. He had expected this due to his reputation in Hogwarts. He sought to resolve it with this bunch of children.

Within the first fifteen minutes of the class, they opened up to the professor and were soon comfortable around him. Severus was happy that his students had read the first and second year text books if not the rest. He went a bit slow with the subject since there wasn't a proper teacher since ages.

He was surprised to see Harry's natural talent for the subject. He took the boy's help in tutoring Ginny, Ron, Neville for certain spells while he tutored Fred and George. That subject too went without any sort of interruption and by the end of the hour, everyone had adjusted to the Potions Master's easy-going demeanor and were happy about it. "Students, before we disperse for lunch, I want to tell you something." Said Snape. "What is it, Professor?" asked Harry as he looked up from his task of packing his bag.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you for the past year/years. As much I want to try to change, I've created quite a reputation for myself over the past years. And I can't change it right away. So, in case I treat you the same way I treat the others at school, please don't mind. I won't be the same like at school over here or when you write letters though. Is that fine with all of you?" he asked. The kids nodded at this. "It's alright, Professor. You do need to maintain your character while at school. We won't leak this out." Said Neville. The others nodded at the point. He smiled and went on to pack his own bag and put his wand away into one of the many hidden pockets in his robe.

Lunch was a jovial affair. All the teachers were sitting with their friends, former and current students and exchanging stories and information about various topics they were interested in. And soon, it was time for them to head to the green houses. The plants that were handled by first years were already there as majority were potions ingredients.

They finished with half of the first greenhouse before calling it an hour. The kids quickly ran inside and went into the Potions lab, where they saw Severus and Lily waiting. Since it was the last class of the day, the two teachers took their time to explain the basics of how and why to perform an instruction in a certain way. Once it was over with, the students finally got go and sit in the dining table for an evening snack before they went back home. They were discussing about their school homework. The teachers didn't give them any as they wanted to finish their school work first.

When Molly and Augusta came to pick their wards up, they asked whether they could come over even when there are no classes to practice their spells and to finish their homeworks. They hesitated a bit. But when Dorea told the two ladies that it was no problem to host the kids, they relented. The kids whooped and danced around before they were ushered into the fireplace to floo back to their houses.

________________________________________

A/N:

I'm introducing the Malfoys as allies of the Potters and Dumbledore. I know that Malfoy and Harry and his team has trouble between each other. But it soon dissolves towards the end of the year when he heard what Harry had to go through towards the end of their first year.