58. Letters - 1

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Harry plans to fill the kitchen with food. He takes the Weasley Twins' help to stock up on goods from Hogsmeade.

________________________________________

The group of students went back to their common rooms to get ready for the defence classes. Harry and the rest of the group decided to go and sit in the room to watch their progress. Harry had suggested that they buy the books only after going back home for Christmas. They agreed and went on to check the books that were being used for the classes. All of them had to borrow the books because none of them had them. They were told that the assignments will be given to them to refer to after they were graded.

Harry had plans of writing the letters to his maternal grandparents about the muggle snack bars and other Knick knacks he thought would be everyone's favourite after he wrote to his mother. He planned on learning a never-ending charm and the stasis charm from Flitwick so that he could cast those on the snacks and chocolates. He also thought of casting the never-ending charm on a stack of parchments, a box of quills and the inkwells that are placed on each table. He packed a few parchments and a few other stationery into his school bag after he returned back to his dorm. Ron and Hermione too came with him to learn those charms.

Filius absolutely loved that they wanted to learn the spells. "They are NEWTs level spells, you three. Shall we start?" asked the small professor. The trio nodded and kept their bags on one of the benches in the corner after retrieving their wands. They learnt the spells and mastered it by the time it was lunch. The charms professor praised the three and awarded them 30 points each.

The four of them walked to the Great Hall. Filius asked them about the meeting in the morning. They told him that they will host their meetings in the RoR. They also told him to not tell this information to Lockhart. Flitwick understood completely as to why they were telling that. After the previous night's episode, he didn't want the studies of his students to falter. He cleared some of their doubts until they reached the Great Hall and parted ways.

Midway through the meal, several owls dropped letters sealed by what looked like the Ministry Seal, in front of Lockhart. The addressed man was really pale by the time he finished reading all of the letters. As he was sitting next to Snape, the Head of Slytherin House looked over the shoulder to spot that his colleague had received not one, but several restraining orders from various families. Apart from the Potters, all the members of the study group, whoever had gone to Potter Castle for studies, had sent the orders.

When Hermione's parents Michael and Jean Granger came to Potter Castle for Harry's birthday, Lily had explained about appointing of a magical guardian for children living with muggle families. They discussed about this and decided to let James and Lily to be her magical guardians. The Potter Couple agreed to tell them whatever reports they get from Hogwarts to them. So when Severus told them about the Lockhart scandal right after the welcome feast, they contacted all of their friends and told them about this. They too decided to send restraining orders against Lockhart. Michael and Jean too approved of the idea and this made James contact the Ministry and send the orders in both Harry's and Hermione's names.