41. The Birthday - 6

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

The kids enjoy by spending time swimming.
________________________________________

James and Lily just smile at their son, open the door and push him gently into the room. It was pitch dark and the source of light from the hallway was cut off when the doors were shut. Harry was about to ask his question again, but decided against it when the lights flickered on and everyone yelled. "Happy Birthday!"

Harry had a face splitting grin growing on to his face. Before he confronted anyone else, he grabbed hold of his parents and pulled them into a tight hug. The counteraction was immediate. They too swept him into a hug. They broke up and went towards the crowd of family and friends. The first ones after James and Lily were their parents. They gave him his presents and hugged him. Sirius, the Lupins, the McKinnons were next, followed by the rest of his friends and their families.

Once the presents were put away to one corner, the birthday cake was cut and was distributed amongst the guests. The dinner was light as all of them had eaten a lot that day. And soon enough, the party got over and everyone came out of the ballroom. Now, Harry and his huge gang of friends wanted to stay at Potter Castle for the night. The kids, whose parents and guardians were there at the Potter Residence had managed to convince them. Even those who weren't there gave them their consent when James and Lily went and spoke.

Since none of them had their night things, they briefly went back to their homes and packed their clothes and the other things that they needed. They even got their books and quills as the next day was a Friday and they had classes. During the brief period of emptiness, Dorea, Lily, Marlene, her mother Andrea, her sister Romana and Sirius' cousin Andromeda, set up rooms for all of the children. Whatever changes were made, they were made permanent as they got to know that it was going to happen very often.

The following were the room arrangements:

BOYS ROOM 1: Harry, Ron, Seamus, Dean

BOYS ROOM 2: Draco, Blaise, Neville, Cedric

BOYS ROOM 3: Fred, George, Lee, Roger

GIRLS ROOM 1: Hermione, Parvati, Padma, Daphne

GIRLS ROOM 2: Ginny, Luna, Tracey, Susan

GIRLS ROOM 3: Katie, Angelina, Alicia, Hannah

The rest of them were to go home. The parents instructed their children to floo straight home after their classes their next day and went back home. The group stayed up for some more time and sat around the bonfire, munching on marshmallows and drinking butterbeer before they called it a night and went to sleep as they were nastily exhausted due to their activities that day.