17. Adjusting

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Harry and James have a conversation.

________________________________________

Harry and James spent the next hour experimenting and trying different colours on the walls. They finally settled with a royal blue colour on the accent wall. The other walls were changed to a cream custard colour. The wooden furniture in the room changed colour from Cocoa Brown to Chestnut Brown.

Once the necessary changes were done, the father – son duo flopped on to the bed, tired. Harry leaned onto his father's shoulder as he put an arm around him. "Harry, how about we revise your first-year portions?" asked James. "As in?" asked the addressed boy in confusion. "As in your practical aspects of DADA, Transfiguration and Charms and for certain potions as well. "But dad, we aren't supposed to use magic outside of school. How am I to practice?" he asked. "That Harry, has already been solved." Said Lily from the door frame. She came and sat next to her son, who immediately leaned against her shoulder. "How, mum? Please. I badly want to revise what I've learnt. If possible I want to start reading my second-year portions as well." He said.

James and Lily chuckled at their only son's excitement. "There are wards that are cast on this property that allow minors to practice magic without the Ministry's interference. It's the same wards that's cast on the Hogwarts grounds as well. To tell you, Potter Castle is almost as old as Hogwarts." Said James. Harry was in awe of the information that he received. He got off the bed and took out his wand from his trunk. He went on to perform the levitation charm on the pillow that was there by the headboard of his pillow.

"Your charms wand work is really good, Harry. we can't wait to see your other skills as well." Said Lily with a smile. Harry blushed at the praise. "Mum, can you help me revise potions? Dad told me that you were the only one who could beat Snape whenever there was a test." Said Harry. "Sure Harry. I will." she said. "Can we go and check out the Potions Lab and check on what we need to stock up on our personal stores." Asked Harry, jumping on the spot. Lily and James laughed at their son's antics and led him to the castle's dungeons, as that was were the potions lab was situated.

Neither father nor son noticed Lily remove a charm from Harry's room once the formers walked out of the room.