47. New Pets - 3

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Sirius gifts him a puppy dog.

________________________________________

She knew that Lily was terrified of dogs. She had gotten used only to Sirius' animagus form. "Shut up, Marlene." Exclaimed Lily when she saw her best friend giggling uncontrollably. This made her giggle more. Harry understood the reason his mum was reacting like that. "Mum, it's just a puppy. He won't hurt you at all." Assured Harry as he set the puppy down on the floor.

Lily made it to calm herself a little and let her son lead the puppy towards her. She sat down on the floor and let the pup sniff her. The puppy propped itself on Lily's legs and licked her hand. Lily calmed down completely and started playing with the pup. She looked up when she heard James cough. "As much as you want to play Lily, I'm hungry." He said. The others laughed at this and Lily got up to go to the dining room. Harry caught his new pet's attention and ran out with him to eat his dinner.

The husky's food and water bowls were placed below the window of the dining area. So, when Rolfy and Daisy saw Harry come in with his companion, they filled the bowls with food and water. Harry led the pup to his food bowls and assumed his seat on the table after he ensured that he started eating. "So, Harry. What are you going to name him?" asked Sirius. "I think I'll name him Apollo." He said after he swallowed his first bite of food. "Apollo, it is, then."

"And there's one more thing. Professor Dumbledore has given you the permission to get both Harley and Apollo with you along with Hedwig. He told that you should either set up a safety gate around your bed in the dorm or leave him with Hagrid till your classes get over." Said Sirius. Harry brightened at the prospect of bringing both of his new companions to Hogwarts. He just nodded at this and went on to finish his food. Once everyone finished their lunch, the youngest member of their family gave each of them a tight hug and went to his room as he was yet to start packing his trunk.

The uniforms and related accessories were the first ones to be kept on the shelves, racks and to be hung. He left a set of school robes outside so that he could pack them into his school bag to change on the train. Next came his undies and inner shirts. About five sets of night clothes followed. Then came his casual clothing. He packed about five pairs of Jeans, two – three corduroys. He hung his quidditch robes along with his school uniform. After that, about 4 – 5 casual shirts and the same amount of t-shirts followed. A couple of casual day robes were hung in the hangers.

Harry decided to put away everything else other than the books as he wanted to ask Severus if he should bring his defence textbooks as well. So, he opened the miscellaneous compartment of the trunk and started organizing the stuff inside. It was pretty easy as it was divided into various compartments. Only after he packed that compartment did he realize that his cauldron was still in the Potions lab. He ran out of the room to get it. He bumped into Remus when reached the first floor. "Woah, Kiddo! Watch out. What's gotten you running down the stairs?" he asked.