50. Getting Ready

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

Harry writes to his friends.

________________________________________

James, Lily and Harry were ready to go to the station. Since Amelia Bones was busy with a meeting with the Minister and the Heads and Asst. heads of the departments coming under the DMLE, Susan was going with the Potters. Along with the two, the Weasleys and Hermione too were joining them. Once everyone had their breakfast, they went to Harry's room to pack some last-minute stuff. Ginny thankfully didn't have to take the horcrux diary to school since Percy got her a diary that he bought from a muggle store.

Harry caught hold of his pet dog Apollo when they entered the room. The girls squealed in delight when they saw him and started playing with him. Harry just laughed and set him on the bed, where the girls too sat around after letting Harry move away. He went to prepare Harley's cage by placing the folded piece of cloth that was to serve as his bed on the side opposite to the food bowls. He then went to the snake, who had coiled himself on Hedwig's perch and was looking at the girls with curiosity.

"We'll be leaving in half an hour. I'll put the food and water in your food bowls once we board the train. You wouldn't want the water to splash everywhere." Said Harry. "Yes Harry. Do that. What's for food?" asked Harley. "Pieces of raw chicken and steak. Is it fine for you?" Harry asked. The snake nodded. "I'll go inside the cage five minutes before all of you leave. And how am I going to hunt when I'm at Hogwarts?" he asked.

"You can stay with Hagrid when I am in classes. You'll be in my dorm room during meal times. You can stay in my robe pocket when we are just roaming about on days when we don't have any class. All of them are charmed with an undetectable extension charm. So you'll have enough and more space." Was the answer. Harley was satisfied by the reply and went back to observing the girls and his new found friend, Apollo. Harry didn't have to tell Hedwig as she was a really smart bird.

After about 10 minutes of letting them play, he told the girls to go pack their stuff. They pouted when they were told to stop playing. Harry just sighed. "I'm bringing him and Harley to Hogwarts. You girls can play with him on the weekends. The other girls too will join you." He said. Percy perked up at this. "Are you allowed to bring him and the snake?" he asked. "Yes. Dumbledore gave me the permission." Replied Harry as he slipped the collar that his parents and godfather bought a couple of days ago around the little Husky.

The prefect hummed in approval as Harry scratched the pup's head. Molly, Lily, Marlene, James, and Lily came in to the room to find Harry looking at the safety gate with exasperation on his face. James understood why and went over. He taught him the shrinking and the engorgement charms so that he can perform those charms on the cage whenever needed.

Soon, they were packed and ready. Harry had a pack of dog treats and owl treats, Apollo's food bowls, a box filled with raw chicken and raw steak for Harley, a set of school robes, a couple of water bottles and a set of exploding snap in his bag. The bag had an undetectable extension charm placed in it to keep the necessary things he and his pets needed for the train rides.

________________________________________

A/N:

Sorry for not posting for so long!

I couldn't post since I was held up with last minute assignment submissions and my semester's final exams over the last two months. I will be posting regularly from now on.