74. Christmas - 5

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

The kids and graduated students talk about their electives.

________________________________________

The classes went on as usual. Before they left for school on the 1st of September, all of them had finished their second-year portions and were working on revising the portions till everyone had mastered it. So, this time, they were going to start with their third-year portions. The teachers were surprised when they saw that the current first and second year students had already learnt and mastered the first few third year spells in Transfiguration and Charms. Severus had already started off with third year Potions and DADA during the term.

Once they revised those spells, they moved on to the next spell. Over the course of holidays, they covered and mastered about a quarter of the total third year syllabus in Transfiguration and Charms before December 25th, after which, the teachers told them that they will continue in Hogwarts. On the last weekend before Christmas, after the classes were over, the whole group went to Diagon Alley and Muggle London to buy presents.

Harry, James, Lily and Lily's parents bumped into the Dursleys, including Marge. But they acted as though they were strangers. Rose and William Evans had gone over to their house when Harry was in Hogwarts and had quite literally slapped Petunia across the face. Vernon and Marge knew about the Wizarding World even before Petunia married into the family. And that was because they had another sister who was a muggleborn witch who studied in Beauxbatons.

When they told how rich the Potters were and their position in the Wizarding World, they were shocked and demanded money for Harry's upkeep. But they received another slap each across their faces and told them that they would have received the compensation if they had treated him right. Finally as the last blow, they disowned both Petunia and Dudley from the Evans Family and took away whatever family funds and possessions she had with them and gave it to Lily and Harry. Not that they needed it. But as the sole heir male heir to the family, William had decided to take Harry to Gringotts and present him with the heir ring during the Christmas holidays.

After they finished their shopping, Harry went with his grandfather to Gringotts. He had thankfully explained everything to him before they left. So, he knew what to expect. "Grandad, even Dudley can be the heir to the Evans Family. Why me?" asked Harry. "You have to be able to perform magic to be an Heir and Lord to a wizarding family, Harry. Dudley can't do that and you can. That's why you're inheriting the Evans Family assets and other things. And I am just a regent for you. You will have to take the Lordship Ring once you officially turn 15." Said William as they were waiting for their account manager Norfang.

They quickly finished their work there and got all of the statements back to the castle to check them out there. They shut themselves inside William and Rose's room so that no one but Lily or Rose could find them while William was teaching Harry about the House of Evans.