62. Letters - 5

PREVIOUSLY IN - MIRROR OF ERISED

The group of friends decide on what snacks they should stock up on.

________________________________________

Harry sat at his desk and opened the letter from his dad. The contents of the letter was thus,

Heya Prongslet!

I hope that you enjoyed your morning. I just wanted to check on you. Enjoy yourself, kid. If you need anything, send a letter with Hedwig or with Dilly, alright.

Bye

Love you

Harry smiled at his dad's letter. He then wrote a letter to his mother and attached the list of chocolates and the amounts that they had decided to stock up on. He told his mum to help Grandad and Grandmum with buying the goods.

He then wrote a letter to his dad about this plan that they had come up with. He also mentioned that he's going to start reading the animagus books that they had bought from Flourish and Blotts before he finished the letter and sent that one and the one to his mum back home with Dilly. He then took out the books that involved Animagus Training. He was so engrossed in his books, that he didn't see Snape sending his peers out for dinner and standing behind him. "Harry." he called out gently. The addressed boy looked around to see Snape standing behind him. "Hello, Uncle Sev! Where are the others?" he asked.

"I've left them half an hour early so that they can freshen up for dinner." he said. "What are you reading about?" asked the older man. "Animagus training. Dad and Sirius have agreed to train me to become one. Mum too. But she told that I could start the practical aspect once I finish at least third year transfiguration. She expects me to finish fifth year at least. But knowing dad and Sirius, they'll start off once I finish third year." he said. Snape just smiled and nodded as he dragged a chair and sat next to his honorary nephew.

"You know what, I too made the potion and checked what my form is." He said. Harry perked at this. "Really? What is it?" asked Harry. "I'm a Sarabi dog." He said as he shrugged. "Can you show me your form, please?" asked Harry as he pulled the puppy dog eyes. Snape so badly wished that he had mastered the transformations. "No, Harry. I can't. I didn't master the transformations." Harry's shoulders sagged and he nodded. "Why don't you ask Aunt Minerva for help? She's an animagus too, isn't she? A tabby cat to be right." Harry said.

"Why didn't I think of that? I'll ask Minerva about that." Said Snape. "Now, pack your stuff and head back to your dorm. Continue with whatever you were doing tomorrow, alright?" instructed Snape. Harry nodded and went away to his dorm to freshen up for dinner. He then gave Apollo his walk around the quidditch pitch before heading back to the Gryffindor Common Room. McGonagall saw the duo going towards the common room and decided to go with them. Harry told her about Snape's animagus form and how he hadn't mastered his transformation. They were chatting animatedly and didn't notice Filch gaping at Harry's pet. He didn't notice the teacher with the boy once he saw him and his pet.