Applebumbles

Coconut mentally beat himself up for several minutes until he decided to try and call Blue again to apologize. He dialed his number and waited.

---

Blue was standing outside of the gas station with his mom who was yelling at him, but at the moment he couldn’t think of anything except Coconut so he wasn't hearing anything she was saying. “Mom, slow down. What are you talking about?” 

“I’m talking about the phone call I got from your roommates! You haven’t been responding to any of our texts or phone calls, Blue. So when I called your roommates, they told me you’re staying with a cousin? You don’t have any cousins, Blue! What have you been-”

Blue felt his phone ringing in his pocket and he immediately grabbed it. “Hang on, mom.” He turned away from her and answered the phone call. 

“Excuse me?!” (that’s where blue gets the excuse me line from)

----

“Blue? I’m so sorry I snapped at you. I told you to look at it from my point of view but I didn’t do the same for you. I get why you were worried.”

---

“Yuno-” 

Blue’s phone was ripped from his hands and his mother ended the call. “Get in the car, right now.” She pointed, her face straining in anger. 

----

Coconut looked at his phone in concern. What happened? He was suddenly cut off. Maybe he’s somewhere with a bad connection. That was the best-case scenario. Coconut started his car again and drove off to his dorm.

---

In the car, his mother was headed back to Blue’s dorms while Blue was trying to explain things to her. 

“What did my roommates tell you?” 

“Where have you been and what have you been doing Blue?” Her voice was stern.

“First, tell me what my roommates-”

“No, I am not going to tell you what your roommates told me because that will tell you what I do and do not know and you’ll use that to know how to lie to me.” 

“Lie to you?” Blue looked at her like she was crazy. “You think I’m going to lie to you?” You’re darn right. 

“Where have you been, Blue?”

“I- Mom, I-” He stuttered and ran his hands through his hair, feeling like his seatbelt was suffocating him. “Probably exactly where my roommates told you I was. Except they must have heard me wrong. I was staying with Char and her cousin for a while- which actually, you’ll be excited to hear is...I’m dating her.” 

“Char? You’re dating Char?” 

“No, Char’s cousin.” 

“Oh,” His mom relaxed but it was apparent she was still stressed and angry. “That’s...good for you.” 

“So what did my roommates say?” 

“Pretty much the same thing you said except they told me you got into a nice car with someone so I was worried.”

“Someone? They didn’t say-” 

“What?” She looked at him and Blue thought she must not have known about the brother of Char’s pretend cousin. 

“Nevermind, I just thought they would have elaborated more. Where are we going?” 

“Back to your dorm.”