Epilogue❤

Blue parked the car and then rubbed his face in long, pained circles. He leaned against the wheel and stared at himself in the rear-view mirror. He ran a hand through his white blond hair and poked under his eyes where dark circles were beginning to form. He sighed and then stepped out of the car. When he opened the door to the mansion- "Daddy!" His adopted six year old daughter was running out of the nursery room and toward him. Her yellow rabbit doll flopped behind her, she gripped it by ear. 

Blue's heart skipped in happiness. "Hi, sweetie. Where's everyone else?" He said as she wrapped her arms around his waist. 

---

The girl's brother came out from the same room with a happy smile. "Papa is making lasagna." He used a w instead of the l sound but didn't realize it and gave his father a hug as well.

---

"Oh really? Is that the surprise he was too busy with to drive me home from work?" He rubbed their backs soothingly. "I'm going to undress. And it's lasagna, Maven." He ruffled his head and then hung up his coat and car keys. 

---

Maven furrowed his eyebrows and tried to say it again but ended up butchering it again. "I can't do it…" He frowned.

---

"That's alright." He said while walking up the steps. "Keep…..trying." Blue broke into a yawn. 

---

"Where's daddy going?" Maven asked curiously, looking up at him with big blue eyes. "Papa's almost done with the la-la-... lasagna."

---

Lily rolled her eyes. "He just said he was going to get changed!" She put her hands on her hips and mocked Blue's voice and stance whenever he was scolding Coconut. "Lasagna." She said it wrong, making fun of him and giggling. 

---

Maven pouted. "You're a meanie!" He ran off to the kitchen to tattletale.

---

"No, you are!" She ran after him giggling. 

---

"Papa, Papa! Lily's being a meanie to me again!" Maven ran and clung to Coconut's leg. 

Coconut chuckled softly and ruffled his hair. "Was she?"

---

"No I wasn't!" Lily protested. 

---

"Go back and play, kids. Be nice to each other. Remember what I told you?" He looked at Lily sternly.

---

Lily crossed her arms and shoved her nose in the air. "No." She said to be difficult. 

---

Coconut raised an eyebrow. "I think I hear timeout calling."

---

Lily faced her brother. "I'm sorry, Maven." Then she ran away, hoping Coconut would forget about giving her a time out. 

----

"Lily, come back here." Coconut's voice was loud but it wasn't stern.

---

Lily shyly poked her head into the kitchen doorway as she hid behind the wall. 

---

Coconut crouched down to Maven's height and then gestured for Lily to come to him.