Blue is Blue

“Char’s not coming back to the dorm?” Ria asked as she left the parking lot. 

Blue was looking out the window like there was something out there extremely interesting, but really, he was trying not to cry. He focused on keeping his voice steady. “She’s catching a ride with Yuno back to their house. He’s visiting for the coming fall break.” 

---

Coconut started his car and hopped in gesturing for Char to join him.

---

Char sadly buckled her seatbelt. “That was rough.” 

---

Coconut chuckled dryly. “You think? I should’ve just left.”

---

Char looked at him for a little bit before asking, “Left Applebumbles?” 

---

Coconut shook his head. “No. I should’ve just driven us home after you gave Blue his clothes back.”

---

Char took a determined breath and made her face follow suit. “No.” Her voice was strong. “I wasn’t wrong. Blue wants this to work. You have to pick him up tomorrow or at least go see him.”

---

“I’ll pick him up. I was going to go to his classes with him.” Then he paused and looked at Char. “Is that a good decision though?”

---

“Judging by how Blue is behaving, he isn’t going to behave excited when you show up tomorrow, but I promise you he’s going to like it.” 

---

“Thanks once again, princess,” Coconut said as he pulled up to his dorm.

---

“How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?! Maybe one of these days I’ll sabotage one of your dates with Blue by giving you the wrong advice or something. Hey, Coconut, It would be really smart to give Blue a pet snake, he’ll love it.” 

---

“Well if he didn’t love it, I would,” Coconut said, giving a large grin.

---

Char rolled her eyes and left the car.

After Ria and Blue made it back to their dorm, Blue walked past Mason and Leo in the communal room who were watching a sports game, and into his own room. Closing the door. Feeling a torrent of emotions, and unable to express any of them, left Blue frustrated so he took a shower and brushed his teeth, forcing himself to think about nothing. He did a great job of not shedding a tear each and every time he thought he saw Coconut’s face in the mirror but once he turned out the light and crawled into bed, he let loose all his fears and cried to sleep. Hearing a faint whisper in the back of his mind, “Night, Angel.” 

---

Coconut got out of the car with a sad sigh and then walked into his dorm, heading for his room so he could sulk.

---

Crypt and Winx were the only ones in the kitchen, Winx looked red in the face as they were both awkwardly leaning against the sink. Actually, it looked like Coconut had just intruded on something. To cover up his embarrassment Crypt said, seeing Coconut wasn’t happy, “I warned you, Coconut.” 

---

Winx looked at Crypt as harshly as the smol mini marshmello could. “Stop, Crypt,” he whispered.