1•4 - Calculus

4 - Calculus

I take it back. I don't like this game.

I've been crying for I don't know how long now. I just woke up, still in my pink pajamas and Kuya's big hoodie jacket, and remembered what happened last night. From the news up to his body...half of his body. My poor Kuya Lio.

I can also recall my brother growling like a wolf, telling whoever's listening that he would kill him if anything happens to me. He's such an idiot. He just lost a friend and he's still thinking about me. An extremely caring idiot.

About where I am right now, I don't know. I'm quite sure I'm on the cold hard floor but I don't know if I'm still in the same room. There are no lights and I can't see anything. Just black.

As if my thoughts were heard, the lights suddenly went on. I found myself sitting on the floor at the end of a hallway, with only a wall behind me.

The lights didn't lit up the whole hallway, the other end remained dark. But the lights were enough for me to see four doors, two on the left and two on the right, about ten meters away from where I am.

I stood up and forced myself to stop crying. I walked towards the doors and noticed that each of them had a rectangular hole just enough for a person to look inside. But I didn't dare to get any closer.

Why am I still alone? Where are they?

"Kuya?" I tried to call for him again and I almost jumped when something hit the first door on my left.

"Chase? Chase is that you?"

I rushed to that door and there, in the hole, I saw the most familiar pair of eyes. He must be squatting down so his eyes and this hole would be leveled.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"I'm okay," I said but my eyes betrayed me. I cried like a kid while looking into my brother's eyes. "Kuya..."

"It's okay. It's okay."

"Is that Chase?" I heard Kuya Blade's voice from inside the same room.

Kuya seemed to step back and then I saw Kuya Blade's eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked, just as worried as my brother.

I nodded while trying to control my sobs. "How about you?"

"We're alright. Are you hurt?"

I shook my head and that's when we heard noises from the other side of the other three doors.

I didn't know what to feel when I figured out that they are all behind those doors. Kung sino ang magkakasama kahapon, iyon din ang magkakasama ngayon.

I looked at the knob only to see a tablet and a stylus attached to it. Damn it!

"There's a tablet and a stylus here," I said as I looked closer to the knob. "Do you think the door would open if I write something here?"

"Are there any questions in your rooms?" Kuya Dean asked. They are all standing behind these doors, trying to communicate through the holes.

That damn siren from yesterday filled the hallway. Damn. It really hurts my ears.

"Did someone say questions?"  As we heard that voice again, the lights above where I stood went on.