1•5 - The Seven Deadly Sins

5 - The Seven Deadly Sins

As we cried our hearts out and screamed at the top of our lungs, hoping it would ease the pain of losing two of our dearest friends because we weren't smart enough, what seemed to be just a wall at the end of the hallway started to move. That was the wall behind me when I woke up. It moved like a door, from the floor up to the ceiling. It opened.

We are hurt. We are grieving. But we all know that it doesn't end here. We need to move.

No one spoke as we walked down the hallway. I think we only raised our heads when we're finally inside the new room, wondering why thousands of keys are scattered on the floor.

There are seven doors in this room, excluding the one behind us which is now starting to close.

I felt Kuya's hand holding mine. When I looked at him, he was just staring in front, still teary eyed.

"Now, this looks like an escape room," Kuya Seth muttered.

Then, it happened in a swift. Kuya let go of my hand and the next thing I knew, he was holding Kuya Seth's collar. Kuya Sullivan immediately tried to stop them.

"Xion and Kyle just followed Lio and you're still into this game, you asshole!" I've never seen Kuya this mad. He's fuming.

Instead of backing down, Kuya Seth met Kuya's eyes with the same intensity. "And no one's following them, anymore. We're winning this game and we're all going home."

Kuya didn't say another word and just let him go. From the look in his eyes, I know that he knew what he did was wrong.

Kuya Kyle was Kuya Seth's best buddy. They were partners in crime. Of course, he's also grieving. But he's also choosing to fight.

Kuya Blade sighed. "What do we do now?"

As if what he said was a cue, that blaring noise filled the room. We all covered our ears with our foreheads creased. Damn that noise!

"Xion Silva and Kyle Montreal are eliminated! Congratulations for advancing to the next round!" The same happy voice of an unknown man came out of the speaker. He's saying things like we are really just playing a game. You are killing people, you bastard!

"We're not playing anymore!" kuya suddenly blurted out. "We're going home! We're out!"

"So, for the next round," the man continued like he didn't hear anything.

"I said, we're not playing!" kuya repeated.

"The seven doors-"

"We are not playing!" Kuya was gasping for air after shouting. He's like a roaring lion with the way he spit those words.

"Cut me once more and I'll cut your sister's head off."

Kuya stilled. We all did.

"Don't make me mad, Charles."

In a second, I was in the middle of everyone. They always do this to protect me. No matter where we go, they unconsciously hide me behind their backs whenever they sense danger. And danger is screaming right now.

"So, as I was saying, the seven doors represent the Seven Deadly Sins." Neon lights, shaped as words, at the top of each door suddenly lit up. "This task is simple, choose a door you want to enter. Of course, the task inside the room you will enter is related to the sin."