1•10 - Goodbye

10 - Goodbye

"Did you really tell Seth and Kyle to register Chase for Scarper House?!"

"Calm down, Dean. My sister will only be mad for a minute but she will play with us."

"Charles, you shouldn't have done that."

"I still can't believe you fell for my sister. Tulo laway 'yon matulog."

"Charles."

"I know, I know. You're serious. I gave you permission to court her after our graduation, right? Why are you getting mad?"

"Charles, I searched for Scarper House when I got home last night. It's an illegal business from underground. And, Charles, we know very well how things work in underground. Asking help from the authorities, right now, is not an option."

"W-What do you mean?"

"Customers pay for Scarper House to kill people in the most brutal way. Whoever sent that link to Seth, they want us dead."

"B-But... who would want us dead?"

"I don't know. I'm very sure I have no enemies. How about you, Charles?"

"Are you..."

"Did the team had a fight I don't know of?"

"Dean—fuck... Y-You were on a quizbee competition that day..."

"What?! Akala ko ba hindi na kayo makikipag-basag ulo?! Sino ang binangga niyo?!"

"Dean, it already happened, okay? But do you really think those bastards paid for us to get killed?"

"I have no idea but I am sure whoever sent that link knows who we are. Someone went inside my house last night and that box is missing."

"What box?"

"The box I showed you! The box containing the locket with your sister's picture!"

"What? D-Dean... will Chase die? What should I do? Should I pull her out of the game?"

"I'm not sure if we can do that."

"What should I do? Fuck! What should I do?"

"There's no use of hiding her. If they know where I live, they sure know where your house is too. No matter what happens, bring Chase with you tomorrow. Hindi pwedeng maiwan siyang mag-isa, kahit saan."

"Then let's tell the others. Lahat tayo, wag na tayong pumunta!"

"Are you even listening? They know where we live! Do you want our families to die?"

"I...I don't. But fuck this!"

"I've also read that there's no escaping Scarper House. Once they are paid to kill us, they'll hunt us down anywhere in the world. We have to go and play."

"How about Chase?"

"We know nothing about what's going to happen, Charles. We'll see the situation tomorrow. Let's decide in there if running would be a better option that winning the game."

"But you said it yourself! We'll all die in Scarper House!"

"We may still have a chance to live if we win the game! They'll still disguise Scarper House as an escape house because that's what they told Seth and Kyle. We won't die if we manage to escape. We just need to pretend that we don't know the truth behind the game."