The devil's research

Y/N POV

After all the yelling happening we All went to A room in the library. "If I may ask, why did the both of you take the useless research?" Brosh asked. "Oh it's anything but useless" I said putting down stacks on paper on the table. "What do you mean by that?" Maria asked. "Alchemists live for the public" I said looking at them both. "Huh?" They asked confused. "The research documents are coded" Ed said walking between the two. "Exactly, If they weren't coded it would be too easily to have control of" I pick out a book from my pocket. "What's that?" Ed,Al, Maria and Brosh asked. "This Is my Alchemy book"

"Yours?" Maria said

"As in electric?" Brosh continued

"Yes, Exactly , Here figure it out" I tossed the small book to Maria. She nodded and looked though the first page. "Animal Facts?" She said confused, All four looked at me. I smirked "Not even the King Bradley could figure it out"

"What?!" Maria and Brosh yelled at me.

"Not Even him?!" Ed continued

"Not Even him" I said in a proud voice

"B-but that means only you know the most powerful form of alchemy!!" Al said kind of scard next to me

"Exactly, It's going to be hard but these notes will help us deeply" I said pointing at the stacks of paper. "There coded for only the creator to know what it is, that's why to a normal person eyes it looks like a recipe, but with alchemists there is a chemical features within the notes, In conclusion only the user or the creator can know about it" I said looking at the four. There eye were wide. "what?" I asked confused. "How d-did you know all that?" Maria asked shocked. "I have been in the military for over 10 years, You learn a thing or two" I shrugged . "Ten years?!" the yelled in my ears "Hey first off this is a library so shh, second I was five when I started working here. Now enough of that we need to figure this out" I said picking up A package of paper. "Right!" I heard Ed and Al say behind me.

~Week Later~

"Why is this so damn hard to figure out?" Ed said with his head on the table. Me and Al were doing the same. "Brother...Maybe we should ask Dr. Marcoh" Al said. "No way! If we ask him , we admit defeat!" Ed said to his brother. "Pst, you're such a dork Ed" I said looking at him. "Um excuse me?" I heard a voice to my left. I lift up my head and find Seska standing there. "Seska" i said looking at her confused. "Thanks to the money both you and Y/N gave me i was able to send my mother to a better hospital, Thank you so much" She said bowing "No problem, It was nothing" Ed said I nodded in agreement. "How is the decoding going?" she asked "Uh" All three of us grumbled, "Did you find a job yet?" Al asked, Seska did the same as we did. "Well thanks again and not just for the money but for a useless human being like me that can help" She said with a smile. "You're not a useless being, I think that trying your best to do something is itself a talent. You should be more proud to have an incredible memory" Al said Seska smiled and nodded.

"Yo!" I looked at the door and find hughes standing there. "Hey dad" I said walking up to him and hugging him. He smile and picked me up and put me on top of his shoulder. "Dad?!" Maria and Brosh asked. "He's not really her dad, but he acts like it" Ed said looking at the two. I nod "Hey Dad why are you here anyways?" I asked looking down on him. "I heard all three of you where in town, So i came to visit and I also have something for you and Ed" He said putting you down "You do?" Me and Ed said together. He place a plastic bag on the table. I grab the bag and opened it. Inside was "Cake!" I say happily. Hughes Chuckled and pat my head. "I thought you might want some, so i brought some" He smiled

~Time Skip~

Seska just left with hughes out the door. "Talent inside yourself huh? Not bad little brother" Ed said as he put his head on the table with a pen his mouth, smirking. "You're still sweet as ever Alphonse" I said to him with a smile. "thank you Y/N" he said happy , "Hey what about me?" Ed said with a little bit of....jealously? I walked over to him and wrapped my arm around his neck. "you're still the biggest dork i know" I say with teasing in my voice. "Hey!" he said as he tackled me. I laughed and pushed him off me. "I'm not lying it's the truth" I chuckle and sticked out my tongue. "Come let's get back to work you dork" I say sitting back in my chair.

After only about a day has pasted and it was night and quiet, it was a good time to work, well until.....

Ed threw papers in the air and started to freak out , which surprised me and Al. Which made me , on accident, throw a plate of cake at his face. I chuckle nervously "hehe oops?"

Ed POV

My face was covered in cake, thanks to Y/N. "hehe oops?" Y/N said shruging. I wiped the cake off my face and went back to work.

Third POV

During the three days Y/N would fall asleep and so would Ed. But on the third day something happened.

Brosh and Maria where outside the door and about to open it when they heard yelling.

"To hell with it!!" Both Y/N and Ed screamed behind the door

.They heard paper flying through the air and Books thrown. the two peeked through the door. books and Paper everywhere, All three sitting on the floor. They walked inside the room.

"What did you do to this place?" Brosh asked

"just because you haven't cracked the code, doesn't mean to start throwing things" Maria said

"We crack it" Al said. "We crack it and figure out what it needs"

"Well that's a good thing isn't?" Brosh asked

"There's nothing good about it! damn it!" Y/N yelled Punching the floor

"This is the devil's research, which shouldn't be pursued, Dr. Marcoh was right, It's evil" Ed said holding his head with one hand

"Whats so Evil about it?" Brosh asked

"The final ingredient for a philosopher stone is " Ed started

"Human lives" Y/N finished