29

"The party is tonight, right?" Jungkook asked Seokjin while he watched the older boy cook breakfast. 

"Yes. Everybody is coming, including Taehyung so.." Seokjin stopped what he was going to say, knowing that jungkook already knew what he meant. 

Jungkook sighed before laying on the floor, looking up at the ceiling as he questioned his motive back at Taehyung's house. What the hell was wrong with him? Why couldn't he just let Taehyung live his life without trying to get involved in everything? 

Jungkook dreaded tonight as he knew he would have to see Taehyung once more. Not that he didn't want to, because he would do anything to be able to kiss him again. Jungkook just didn't think Taehyung wanted to do the same anymore. He didn't blame him. 

"Breakfasts ready!" Seokjin yelled as he sat down in front of his own plate of food. 

Jungkook quickly ate his food. He loved it when Seokjin made breakfast since it was amazingly made.

"Fuck, I hate it when y'all throw parties!" Jungkook complained as he leaned back in his chair. Just the thought of having to watch everyone else talk while sitting alone made Jungkook uneasy.

"it's gonna be a good party this time, I promise you that. There's gonna be all sorts of food, you can pick any song you want, and it'll only be the seven of us." Seokjin explained as he scraped the remaining food from his plate.

That wasn't the problem. Jungkook really didn't want to see Hoseok or Taehyung right now. He didn't deserve to see Taehyung's beautiful face, and he most certainly didn't want to see Hoseok, and for a good reason.

Now thinking of it, no matter how much jungkook does to earn his friends respect, he doesn't even deserve to have friends like Seokjin and Namjoon. He feels as if he deserves to suffer alone.

Jungkook felt overwhelmed by the love he gets from Seokjin and Namjoon. Never in his life has he felt as if he had actual parent figures, as he always had to work for money to pay for the bills and cook food while his parents were never in the right state of mind.

Jungkook wanted to say thank you for everything they've done to make him feel at home, yet saying thank you probably wasn't even enough.

The things jungkook has done to Taehyung  proves that he didn't deserve the kind of treatment he's getting from the two older men.

"Hey, um.. thank you again for.. letting me stay at your guy's place.. it means a lot to me, for real.." Jungkook said suddenly while twiddling with his sweaty fingers.

Seokjin smiled, making jungkooks heart feel so much warmth. He loved seeing his friend smile like that. Even if it was a little smile, his eyes seemed to catch the light as his eyes shined, his lips shaped into a soft line while his cheeks looked squishy. That specific smile made jungkook's heart flutter.

"I didn't want to leave you there alone.." Seokjin said as he put the plates in the dishwasher.

Jungkook smiled a little. Yes, he was VERY grateful for it, yet he still had a pit in his stomach telling him that he no way deserves this treatment.

"why are you so nice to me?" jungkook asked curiously, catching Seokjin off guard.

Seokjin sighed as he leaned against the counter. "you probably won't remember this but you know how your parents were always away? they wanted me to take care of you until you were old enough to take care of yourself." Seokjin spoke while he looked around the kitchen for the Clorox wipes.

"wait for real? why'd you never tell me?" Jungkook asked.

"because I didn't think you wanted to know, plus you probably wouldn't have remembered anyway. You were like my child, Jungkook. The reason why you are even here is because I want to help you become a better person and help you fix the problems you have created." Seokjin explained.

Jungkook smiled a little as his heart fluttered once more. Did he really have a fatherly figure finally? The warmth comforted Jungkook as he went back to laying on the ground.

_______

sorry if this is kinda sad, I made this chapter while listening to flatsound , teen suicide, and dandelion hands