First kiss.

Many beacon students flooded the room. In small groups or even in pairs or flying solo. The room was filled with fun. With joy. With relaxation. This was a night for students to take a load off.

I had separated from Ruby just a few minutes ago so me and Jotaro could catch up. Kakyoin went with Remy somewhere

"So. How's your mom doing? Grandad?" Jotaro shrugged "eh. Mom's alright. The old man is off on some business trip." I nodded "cool. Cool. So you got your eyes on any women here?" He shook his head "no. I don't care much for women" I nodded.

"Ok. Now lemme ask this. And I don't mean to be rude. Are you gay?" He shook his head again "no. I just don't care much about relationships at all" I shrugged "fair enough"

Suddenly a voice called to us "hey man! What's goin on?!" I turned around as I saw a student dressed in purple shoes. A silver jacket and shades...wait a sec... "Gat!" I said as the boy approached us "missed you man!" Me and Johnny hugged as I turned to jotaro "Jotaro! This is the guy I was talking about! Johnny! Johnny gat! He's the most dangerous 3rd year here took on a whole swarm of Grimm by himself"

Johnny brushed his shoulders "hey you know me. I'm always down for some murder" I introduced them "Johnny this my friend Jotaro! With the spirit semblence kinda like Kakyoin. But we all call him JoJo"

Johnny smiled as held his hand out "nice to meet you man" jotaro nodded and shook his hand "Same" I smiled "now it's a party. JoJo and gat finally meet." Johnny seemed pretty chill with Jotaro and jotaro didn't seem to dislike Johnny at all "Boys listen. It's been wonderful to finally Introduce you two" I said "But I hear a slow song. And my Beautiful rose awaits. We can catch up later alright gat"

Johnny nodded "do you bro" I looked at jotaro "You guys get along now. Don't need the school getting destroyed" with that I turned as I walked back to Ruby

"What's with the second glass?" I asked as she set them down "Oh jaune gave me his" I raised my brow "why?" She shrugged "Mnm" She hummed "might've gone to talk with Neptune since he rejected Weiss" I smiled "good. Glad he said no. Cuz noones good enough for Weiss cream"

Ruby giggled a little "it's funny that your still so protective over Weiss" I nodded "well of course. Besides her sister she's my oldest friend"

I then took a breath as I stood up straight and stretched out my hand "Mrs. Rose" I said "May I have this dance?" I asked

Ruby blushed as she took a breath as well. As she placed her hand in mine "Yes you may" I smiled at her as she did to me as I gently took her hand and led her to the dance floor.

The song was soft. Slow. And wonderful. Countless other couples we dancing as well. We found a spot right in the middle.

"You ok?" I asked as I noticed her face was red "im just...a little nervous" I cupped her cheek with my hand "Don't be nervous Ruby. It's just a dance." She closed her eyes and nuzzled her cheek into my hand as I pulled her close. Moving both my hands to her waist.

She seemed to calm down as she slowly wrapped her arms around my neck. I looked I to her eyes as she looked into mine. We rocked side to side.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow

The lights had dimmed. The room was silent besides the music.

One step closer

I had known Ruby for a total of 4 months. We met the night before beacons first semester. We had faught Roman Torchwick.