Tension

"you didn't even hear us out!" Yang said as she grabbed the bars if the gate as the Two Guards looked at her "You Request the presence of Paladin Danse. Unfortunately The Paladin retired 5 years ago."

I sighed as I face palmed "then who is in charge?" "That would be Me." Suddenly a small woman about the same height as Maria came marching forward. "Oh...this bitch" I said as I crossed my arms.

"Mr. Copper. I was wondering when your disrespectful mouth would return here." I rolled my eyes "Listen lady we are just trying to get back to Atlas. Can we get a ship?" The woman laughed

"You? Why not take the private plane home?" I shrugged "Because even if I wanted to the private plane is BACK IN ATLAS!!! ITS BACK HOME!"

"You have a private plane?" Blake asked "I'll explain later" Blake nodded. "It's basically a private transport shuttle ironwood let's his "trusted soldiers" use" Qrow said.

"Look Cordovan I don't care if your in charge, just give us a ship and we will be on our way" Cordovan turned her back on me as she walked back to the gates "Your friends tried the same thing yesterday, I'll tell you what I told them."

She turned back to me "No" I pointed over my shoulder "Weiss is with us" She looked behind me "The Missing Schnee?" I nodded "Mhm" She went quiet as if she was thinking. "I'll conci-" she saw maria

"You have this hag with you? Then forget it. I shall not help anyone who has this witch in their company." She then turned around, walked away as the two.guards followed her.

I pinched my nose and turned to maria. "You...just..." I sighed again "You cost us a free trip back home...why" Maria shrugged "We have history" I nodded "Right...history..." I stood up straight and turned to everyone "Well looks like we need a new plan."

"Can't you just call your mom?" Jaune said "If it was that easy don't you think I would have done that back at haven?" He held his arms out "yes?"

"Dude. The CCTV tower is down. The tower at haven is temporarily out of service due to the attack. And the tower Here in Argus is currently being used and monitored by the Military. So I less I have Class 4 licence of Authority and access to their Network my scroll isnt gonna be able to Play Viewtube Videos"

Jaune slouched over "hey I'm sorry I asked" "well it was a stupid question, any other bright ideas?" I ask as I look around. "Kid our only idea just got shut in our faces 3 times over. I'm going for a drink"

Qrow started walking off "Really? That is your first plan? Go out and get wasted?" I ask "uh huh" Ruby tried to catch up but I stopped her "just let him be" I turned to Nora "You guys have any ideas?"

"What about Ozpin? He usually has lots of Ideas" Nora says "yea where is he?" Jaune asked "oof...uh...yea about that"

---

Jaune punched the wall as he yelled "Jaune!" Ruby said "all this was for nothing!" He yelled. "That's not true!" Blake says to him "really?! Cuz it sure does sound like it!" Nora spits back.

"If salem can't be killed then how are we supposed to win?!" Ren shouted over to us. "Look this is bad but We arnt the bad guys in this!" Oscar said.

"Is that so?" Jaune asked "what?" Oscar replied as jaune marched towards him "he's in YOUR head isn't he? Did you already know about this?!" "He didn't know any of this!" Weiss shouts at Jaune.

Jaune goes to grab Oscar off the wall "oi Josuke" I grab his shoulder and turn him to me then I reared my fist back and punched him in the jaw.

He stumbled and fell against the wall before I pinned him there "I blamed him at first but Its not the kids fault! So leave Oscar out of this!"

Jaune pushed me back "how do we know it's even him?! What if we've been talking to that liar this entire time?!" Jaune yells as I raise my fist to punch him again.

Jaune gets ready to fight back But Ruby screams "ENOUGH!" we both freeze and look at her "Jaune go upstairs! (Y/n) go outside!"

I let go of jaune and walk over to ruby "The fuck you just say to me?" She gets in my face "Out. Side." She raised her finger and pointed to the door.

I coughed and brushed past her as I opened the door and walked out.

---

I sat on the steps on the front porch as I smoked. Blowing the cigarette smoke from my mouth as Someone came outside.

"I told everyone we should all have some time to ourselves" Ruby said "Whatever" I said as I inhaled the cigarette once again "when...did you start smoking?" Ruby asked.

"After beacon." I said "Just smoked when you weren't around" I said as I blew the smoke out again.

Ruby sat beside me and took it from my hand "Don't." I shook my head "Whatever you say boss" I spoke sarcastically as she flicked it away.

Ruby looked back to me "What's going on?" I shrugged "Nothing." She shook her head "Don't "nothing" me. You've had this poor attitude ever since we got here. You've been rude to Jaune, Ren, And me"

I sigh "Well my apologies that during a time of war I'm not the nicest dude ever" she crossed her arms "Just tell me what's wrong" "nothing is wrong Ruby" I say back.

I was getting irritated "Something IS wrong. You've changed (y/n)." I rolled my eyes "What do you want me to say Ruby, we are fighting a war against someone who can't be killed, most of out friends died at beacon, we are going back to my home where the mother fucker who killed my brother is in charge and most importantly I have to deal with Jaune's angry ass temper tantrum every single time something bad happens"

I rant as Ruby scoots closer "He's stressed, your stressed, I'm stressed, all of us are stressed." She said "And I know ironwood is responsible but it's the past, you can't change what happened, jaune lost Pyrrha"

"I lost my whole fucking team" "(y/n) stop. Just help me understand what's wrong, what the problem is, I want to help you, I love you" I chuckle "You sure seem to be taking jaunes side more than mine recently"

Ruby scowled "What is that supposed to mean" "It means youre starting to like him more than me" she growled and slapped me across the face before she jumped up and went back inside

"BITCH YOU FUCKING SLAP ME AGAIN IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!" I stood up and yelled at her as she walked back inside. Slamming the door in my face.

"Damn" I turn around an saw Qrow as he stood a few feet away "Yeesh, I thought me and Raven argued" seeing Qrow I rolled my eyes "What do you want Old man"

Qrow walked up to me, I can smell the whiskey on his breath "I want you to know that Im surprised you've Actually had an argument, but if you do anything to my niece I'll rip your dick off"

I brushed his hand off my shoulder and stuck my hands in my pockets "Don't lecture me old man all your good for is getting wasted before a fight"

I walked down the stairs and off onto the main streets of Argus. I need to blow off some steam.

*To be Continued...*