Alone in the woods

Ruby stares at the moon through a window, sitting on the staircase. Snow is drizzling outside. Ruby checks on Blake, Weiss, and Yang, who are sitting on the rug and staring at the fire from the fireplace.

Maria reads a book while sitting on the sofa and Oscar is pacing back and forth. After checking on the others, Ruby stands up and walks toward Qrow. Qrow is sitting nearby the window, looking outside with his feet propped on the drawer.

"Storms eared up by now. Should be able to leave first thing in the morning" Ruby nodded "that's good" qrow sighed "I got a bad feeling about this place, especially with me around."

Ruby looks down at a wine bottle on the floor with Qrow's hand hovering near it, then looks at him.

"You ok?" Qrow scoffed "sure. Tell everyone to get some sleep. I'll wake you guys up just before sunrise"

Ruby walks away as Qrow drinks from the wine bottle. Ruby pauses and looks back at him before narrowing her eyes downward.

Back in the other room, the fire continues to burn. The book Maria is reading has a "III" on the cover, with the other two volumes on a nearby table.

"Journey?" Oscar asked "The head of this household, Bartleby. Apparently, he and several other families founded this little settlement to try and live on their own. It sounds like it worked, at least for a spell."

"Grimm?" He asked "Just one of many hardships. Slowed down their farming, made everything harder... It's a shame, really. He seemed like quite the ambitious fellow, always thinking of new schemes to overcome the odds."

"Hey guys. Qrow said we should get some sleep. We're gonna head out early tomorrow." Ruby says as she walks back in.

"Thank goodness" Blake says.  As everyone lays down Maria hopps off the couch "Hmph, the last thing you'll catch me doing is letting some kid tell me what to do. "Go to bed!"

She sits down in the armchair by the wall and clicks the lamp on. Continuing to read.

She looks around. Only to notice (y/n) wasn't present in the living room. Turning back to qrow in the next room he isn't with him.

She instead walks up the stairs. Once she reached the top she turns left and walks down the hallways as multiple rooms on each side.

Seeing one room was open she peeked her head inside. (Y/n) slept soundly in a loveseat which had been scooted from against the wall to look out the window. His guns lay in his lap. Notifying he was probably on watch for any Grimm.

Ruby quietly walked into the room and gently pulled his guns from his hands. She set them aside on the table beside him and layed down on the love seat.

Her legs dangling over the arm as her head layed in his lap. As she did this she geny took his right arm and wrapped it around herself as she hugged it. Closing her eyes to sleep in his arms.

---

I heard a crash and glass go everywhere. Jolting up I pointed forward but then realized I didn't have my guns. Doing a quick survey I found them on the table. Grabbing them I slipped them back into their holsters "Morning Girls" I said.

Seeing the sunlight come through I sigh "at least the blizzards calmed down" I think as I turn down the stairs as I leave the room.

As I reach the bottom steps I see Ruby glaring at Qrow. I guess he did something wrong. I just walk past them as I enter the living room.

I said morning to everyone in the living room but they all basically ignored me. With a sigh I walk outside and back towards the barn.

---