No Brakes

"(y/n)" I groaned "(y/n)" I groaned again and rolled over "(y/n)" I opened my eyes as I saw Ruby sitting next to me "what?" I asked "Its like...2 in the morning petals" I whispered as she nodded "I know but. I can't sleep and it's not time for my shift yet"

We had assigned watch shifts for every hour as to make sure we don't get attacked. Currently Blake was keeping watch at the top floor of the building we were staying in. Only 2 floors up.

"So? Why are you bugging me?" I wasn't ever a grouchy person but it's 2 in the morning. I was enjoying my dream of stealing the intelligence from red team "well...I was wondering if..." She blushed a little as she tapped her fingers together "if I could...sleep with you?" I sat up on my elbow as I looked at her "what?" I whispered

She looked away "I know it's embarrassing but...it's cold out here and...I can't sleep" I looked over at yang then back to Ruby "you have any idea how bad yang would beat my ass?" Ruby nodded "I know..." I looked into her eyes and saw the helpless puppy dog. So I sighed as I scooted over and pulled the flap of my sleeping bag open

"Alright." She smiled as she climbed inside. She layed down and snuggles close to me. "Thank you" she said as I nodded "mhm" already trying to go back to sleep. I felt her give me a kiss on my cheek before turning over and pushing her back against me.

I couldn't resist but wrap my arms around her as we cuddled. I'll admit I never expected to cuddle out here but she's just too adorable. I'll gladly take my chances for Ruby.

I smiled as I felt her hold my hand.

After a few hours I woke up. Looking over Ruby was gone. "Hmm. Must be on her shift" I looked to the campfire and saw it was getting low. I climbed out of my bag and sat beside the pit I grabbed a stick and tried to stoke the fire. But it wasn't enough. "Damn" I thought as I stood up.

"Should get some more wood." I thought as I looked around and saw everyone was still sleeping.

So I went to the ledge and hopped down before doing the same to the next 4 floors down. Once I hit pavement I stretched and looked around. Spying a tree that was growing out of the sidewalk I picked up a branch. "Not enough" I thought.

Looking around I saw some more trees in the distance. I sighed as I knew I'd have to walk for a bit. "God damnit..." I went ahead and started walking. Spying another random branch I picked it up. "What time is it anyway?" I checked my scroll "ah... It's 4...2 hours..." I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket.

"Fuck it 2 branches is enough." I turned around and started walking back. But I heard barking. "What?" I looked around "do Grimm bark now?" I asked myself as I heard barking again. It was getting closer "Bark..." I though "there's a bark bark near by" I turned a corner as I heard scampering "hmm?"

I crouched down as zero came out of the darkness 'Zwei?" I asked as he stopped and started barking and whining "what's up little buddy? Something wrong" he kept barking and whining "what are you doing our here anyway? Shouldn't you...be...with..." I stopped as I realized what he was trying to tell me "Ruby!" I said as I jumped up "where is she boy?!" He barked and started running. "Zwei!" I shouted as I followed him.

He ran down a large street. In the center was a hole. A big hole. "Damn" I said as I stopped as zwei started to bark even more as he looked into the hole. "Crescent Rose" I mumbled as I picked up the folder scythe off the ground. I didn't have my own weapons with me so I strapped the scythe to my back.

"Good boy" I said a si rubbed his head "she fell in?" Zwei looked at me and barked more with a whine. "Ok boy. Go get the others. Hurry." I said as he barked and took off back towards camp.