Recreation Chapter 4: Catching Up

Fade in to Donut at Command

Counsellor: Private Donut, we want to debrief you now that your tour in Blood Gulch is over.

Donut: Great! Wait, over?

Counsellor: I'm just going to ask you some, standard questions to rate your experience, and I will be filling out a form based on your responses. Do you understand?

Donut: Yes Sir.

Counsellor: Alright, then let's begin. During your deployment you were assigned to the Red Team, is that correct?

Donut: That's right! You can tell by my lightish red armor.

Counsellor: I'm, a bit confused. By 'lightish red,' do you mean pink?

Donut: No, I mean lightish red.

Counsellor: ... Let's come back to this during the free form period.

Donut: Okeedoke.

Counsellor: Now, as to your experience in Blood Gulch, would you say it was 'satisfactory,' 'somewhat satisfactory,' or 'unsatisfactory?'

Donut: I would sayyyy... satisfactory.

Counsellor: Alright, now I want you to look at this picture.

Shows the place where they were 'teleported' too after the explosion

Donut: Oh, hey, I know where that is.

Counsellor: Which of the following best describes this picture? Would you say it is a) the new location where your team was assigned, b) the source of a mysterious energy reading, or c) -

Donut: That's just where we landed.

Counsellor: Where you landed. Can you elaborate?

Donut: Yeah, we were defusing a bomb by this guy Omega, but then the bomb went off and it was such a huge explosion, that it totally threw us in to the future and we landed there in that place.

Counsellor: I'm not sure I understand. The future?

Donut: Sarge said that since we were surrounded by ice when the bomb went off, and then it was all sand, the ice age must have ended, and that would have taken a reeeally long time. So, it must have pushed us in to the future.

Counsellor: I, don't have a checkbox for that. So I'm just going to write down 'other.'

Donut: Yeah, other works. I like other.

Counsellor: Well, I suppose there's no reason to ask the rest of our questions. Thank you for a very, enlightening interview.

Cut to Ghost, Caboose and Donut in Blue Base under rather peculiar lighting for some reason.

Donut: So, then after that, they transferred me to that new base. I guess we left before we were supposed to do what they wanted us to.

Caboose: That's a pretty crazy story Donut.

Donut: But when I got there, all I found was a distress beacon from Tucker. It said to get Church; I think Tucker was captured. There was somethin' there. Somethin' scary.

Sarge enters the opening of the base, turns around slightly, and a mysterious anonymous form runs across near him, unnoticed by all but us, the viewers. We're crafty like that

Caboose: That sounds scary.

Ghost: I would probably rip its arms off.

Donut: Yeah. Hey, that thing sure makes a racket.