✿ FOUR ✿

Ariam sighed

Ariam sighed. Sheltering herself under the roof of a bus stop, she listened to the soft melody of raindrops. A lot has been going through her mind lately. Song Ariam has always been a person that walked confidently in whatever life threw her to. And she has seen a lot: Rejection, failure, insecurity, disappointment... But one thing everyone admired about her was her persistence. She would drive out of her troubles with a proud head and unbreakable heart. Except this didn't mean she didn't get hurt; thanks to her naivety, she was always easy to take advantage of.

A baby.

A baby to take care of.

The mere thought of it made her scoff. This was ridiculous in so many ways. But she accepted it. Deep down, Ariam was convinced she could work it out.

But then, she remembered who her partner was: Huang Renjun.

Huang Bloody Renjun.

She has heard a lot about him, only starting a few days ago because Ariam isn't interested in campus' gossips. Huang Renjun was, until now, like February's weather, predictable yet somehow managed to upset everyone. After getting the form from Professor Kun, he shrugged any teamwork and preferred that each one of them completed it separately, which was close to impossible unless they wanted to fail. In all honesty, she could see that happening.

A soft breeze made her shiver, and she watched her cold breath evaporate with her positive thoughts. A bad sentiment wrenched her insides, and she trusted her guts.

Her attention was interrupted by a girl running towards the safe shelter, and she recognized Minrae thanks to her exceptional beige-ish grey handbag, paired with a white blazer, black crop top, and high waisted black trousers. She looked splendid, though today appeared to be one of her chill days during which she didn't pour much thought in her look. But she seemed to need some help, as she didn't have an umbrella.

Minrae struggled to cover herself as she walked in the puddles of rain. Those moments were exactly when her love-hate relationship with heels intensified. So, when she spotted a familiar face, her lips curved unknowingly. Ariam walked to her with an umbrella.

"Thank you." Minrae walked alongside her friend (?) to the improvised shelter.

"I did what I had to do." Ariam brushed it off with a sign of her hand.

The uninvited droplets of rain conducted the discussion for them, a sound of comfort floating the air. It suddenly got troubled with the sound of a roaring engine, and Minrae's face lit up, recognizing her brother's black car.

"Hey!" Minrae called. "Where do you live?"

Ariam smiled at her new friend. "Three stops with the bus away from here. Why?"

The car stopped in front of them, and Yeonjun rolled down his window. "Minrae!"

She gave him a thumbs up. "Let's go. We can drop you on our way."