✿ TWELVE ✿

"Why are we hiding?" Her voice came out a soft murmur, caressing the little bare skin his shirt revealed as her head rested on his chest

She could try unleashing herself from his hold as the position they ended up in was awkward, but his hold was undeniably strong. With them hiding under the benches, he hugged her petite frame, making sure his hands rested in the right places to provide her with warmth and reassurance. The aura he provided was one she never knew she needed, though she was grateful she got to experience it.

"Because someone is here." He whispered back.

"It's not illegal to be in the soccer field though."

"It's not? Even if it's at night?" He yelled in a rustle.

"Yeah?"

"I didn't know that."

"Then, why are we still hiding?"

Slowly, their whispered exchange died as they detached from each other, immediately missing the heat their intertwined bodies emitted. Yet when the repetitions of footsteps echoed, indicating the stranger was coming closer to where they were hiding, he slung an arm back to her shoulders, defending her from longing any further of his lonely body.

"I thought I saw Jung Chohee here though," The infiltrator declared.

Chohee's eyes squinted a little, recognizing this soft voice. She threw away Chenle's arm, crawling a little to get up without hitting her head against one of the seats. "BAEYA! I'm here."

The girl dressed in a warm light blue cardigan, and plaid skirt turned around. Indeed, it was Bae Yeonju. The two ran towards each other, engulfing one another in a hug, jumping around. Chenle stood up too, confused about what he was exactly witnessing. While he knew the girls had developed a quick friendship, he never expected them to become this close.
Not even the girls themselves expected their bond to become this strong. In the span of a weekend, they have been texting nonstop in the groupchat, sharing fun facts about themselves, and getting to know each other better. They all acknowledged it was just the beginning, but the start of their friendship was a wonderful one. Over the weekend, Ariam and Yerin had studied together in SHINee world's café on Saturday, Chohee and Minrae had had lunch together on Sunday, plus Ryujin, Yeonju, and Seolhyun had gone on a night walk together the same day.

"Baeya? I thought you went back home!" Chohee exclaimed as her friends patted her head.

"I prepared a surprise for you guys- Oh, isn't that Chenle?"

"Yes, we were working on our form here, and we thought someone spotted us, so we hid."

"But why?"

"I don't know? It was the heat of the moment and we thought we were doing something illegal." Chohee spotted the growing smirk on Yeonju's lips and she shook her head. "No, Yeonju, not that. Stop your thinking. Get some holy water. Cleanse your mind."