-ˋˏ ༻❁TWENTY-TWO❁༺ ˎˊ-

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒄𝒕: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆:

𝓙𝓾𝓝𝓸:

Yeonju has always hated the dark.

So when Jeno's location indicated he was somewhere around the court field, she wanted to go back to her car, maybe try to reach out to Jeno's phone, even attempt to send Seungcheol to find him.

Everything about the court field was scary: The ghosts haunting when the clock struck midnight, the spirits prowling in the gloom for dupes, the serial killers lurking in the dark for their new victims.

More than that, Yeonju assimilated the dark to the moment when every bad thing happened to her. When the lights went off, kids would pull on her hair. When the duskiness overwhelmed the clarity of the day, she would get cornered in narrow alleys for the big guys to steal her money. When the murky sky reigned, monsters would torture her walk home.

After her mind awoke from the daze of shock, it was too late. She had already walked five minutes inside the campus and towards the fields. There was no coming back and no hand to hold. The eerie sound of loneliness echoing through the walls of betrayal closed on her.

Yeonju's blood was pumped with the stress of the situation. Her slumpy shoulders straightened, as her mind encouraged her to stop a scaredy girl. She can do this! To think that Jeno left Juno at the professors' care for some unknown reason hurt her. She had trusted Jeno and made it clear that she did believe in his father capacities. It was deception all over again.

"Why are you overreacting, Bae Yeonju? Stop being so sensitive!" She scolded herself, her mouth releasing a steamy breath as the night got colder and the wind got icier. Her frail body shivered before she hugged the light jacket closer.

"God, why is no one around here?" Her empty hazy surroundings didn't surprise her one bit. After all, it was Monday. Practice finished early at five, so the janitors could take over and end their job early so they can rest too. It has always been like that unless there was a local match taking place over there.