✿ SEVEN ✿

"One iced caramel macchiato please

"One iced caramel macchiato please."

Ryujin threw her head back a little, letting out a sigh. She didn't even have morning classes, yet here she is on campus, getting a dose of caffeine to get her throughout her day. She had arrived, clothed in a thick black pull-over underneath a brown plaid dress. And while she didn't try, Ryujin found herself satisfied with her look, since the evening scheduled meetings required a formal but not fully dressed theme. They were reuniting with Dr. Park Chanyeol and Dean Byun, along with some other members of the EXO Foundation, to talk in-depth about the baby project, seeing how they were receiving the babies tomorrow.

A strong headache made her feel lightheaded. The yelling and cursing of yesterday had worn her out. She escaped this time from any physical punishment, but her mental health was deeply affected, and her emotional state played the dangerous game of ticking bombs.

"Ryujin?"

Her head snapped to the deep voice calling her name and recognized her project partner. She smiled at him. Suddenly remembering her boyfriend, a shiver of fright traversed her body. Maybe she should just drop out before things get out of hand.

"One iced Americano, please." He ordered before standing next to her, the two waiting for their drinks. "You don't have classes?"

"No. My classes start in the evening, I was supposed to have Mrs. Liu but I think we're going to miss out because we're going to EXO."

"Mrs. Liu? As in Amber Liu?"

"Yes."

"I have her too. English literature, right?"

She nodded, agreeing. "One of my favorite professors. Her lectures are amazing."

"I know, right? And she's also so understanding. She's so cool. Then why are you on campus?"

She shrugged. "Figured I could come early, maybe stop by the library or something before having to go to the think tank."

"So, you are free?" She nodded.

"Jeong Ryujin! Mark Lee!" Mark turned his head to the counter where the waitress served both their drinks and assured the girl that he got it. "Just go take a seat. I will go get them."

Ryujin thanked him, moving to a booth inside. While she loved sitting next to the big sunny windows, she was scared Seoho might pass by, or someone he knew would report to him that they saw her with a male.

"You look beautiful, today." Mark handed her the coffee, cheeks slightly red.

"Thank you." Her heart warmed as her hands did, wrapped around the mug.

"Should we work on the form while we both have time?" He suggested, receiving a positive answer.

She spent the whole night thinking about how to withdraw from the project, how to explain that even though she was in a desperate need for a free 3.75, she would have to reject the offer. Definitely not because she had an abusive boyfriend who didn't have any limits, and Ryujin wasn't sure how far he would go to stop her from interacting with the male species.