✿ EIGHTEEN ✿

Slumberous dark brown eyes scanned the notes sheet in a hurry

Slumberous dark brown eyes scanned the notes sheet in a hurry. Mornings have become demanding, especially when looking after a child, that she decided to give up on the happy character she had during the unholy hours of the morning. Instead, she resorted to revising the previous lectures she missed during the three-days of their given break.

"I hate mornings." She heard a masculine groggy voice grunt next to her, and she only smiled. It surprised her when the chair beside her moved since Yerin was not the most liked by her classmates and not many people took the initiative. She blamed her bubbly personality and obnoxious smile for pushing people away, -but she didn't know it attracted him-.

She heard her seatmate grumble a little, and her eyes widened when she caught glimpses of Jaemin pouring a RedBull in his black coffee.

He reached for the cup but Yerin was quick to stop him. "Man, what the fuck?"

His intimidating face turned to his infamous heartthrob smile, strong traces of profound fatigue shadowing the nuances of usual warmth. "Oh, Jeon Yerin? Good morning to you too. Do you want my coffee? It will help you get through the day."

Yerin shook her head. "No, thanks. I don't want kidney failure at twenty-two years old."

"But aren't you twenty-one?"

"Exactly." She heard him chuckle, and she finally let the serious expression fall. "Difficult night?"

The heartwarming smile didn't quit his lips... "A little." But his tone gave it all away.

"Your kid must be difficult." She said.

"Aera? She is. But I don't care much, it's fun raising children."

"You guys named her Aera? That is so cute."

"Thanks. Donghyun is also a great name." He said.

"You remember our kid's name?"

"How could I not?" Jaemin laughed at her surprised face. "All Donghyuck does is argue with Chenle about how he will be the best father to Donghyun." And the best partner to Yerin.

"R... Real... Really?" The thought of him made her smile.

"Can I ask you something?" She nodded. "Why do you always sit alone? It's weird because, with the rest of the girls, you seem extroverted." He suddenly asked.

"Apparently, no one wants to sit next to me." She said. Yerin thought how hurt she was during her first year when barely anyone accepted her, but now, she had six amazing other friends and more on the making.

"We can become friends if you want." He smiled, and she returned it.

"I thought we already were!"

Jaemin stared at her, knowing well Chaeyoung wasn't going to like her. "Oh, that's true, sorry."

They exchanged laughter before it went back to an easy quietude. The auditorium filled slowly with medical students, eyes lowered on their notes, or engaging in small hushed discussions to not disturb the others.