✿ EIGHT ✿

Minrae massaged her aching back, hitting gently sore spots

Minrae massaged her aching back, hitting gently sore spots. Her Monday has been filled with morning classes as per usual. The one unhabitual thing was the meetings held during the afternoon with Dr. Park Chanyeol and Dean Byun, along with some other members of the EXO Foundation, to talk in-depth about the baby project, seeing how they were receiving the babies tomorrow.

It was tiring, indeed. Her weak body screamed in need of nutrition, but Minrae remained certain she could go on without lunch.

Minrae fixed her black beret, looking around for any signs of Na Jaemin. When she found none, her shoulders slumped down and a pout formed on her face. He was late.

While she excused him, she was worried that they wouldn't be able to submit in time. Originally, they were supposed to work on Friday, but all of the boys ditched to get Kimchi Stew. He contacted her that night and asked to meet her the very next day, only to wake up to another one announcing he wouldn't be able to make it. On Sunday, she came to the library to get some books she might need for her lectures and ran into him. She then offered him a coffee she got for herself, for the sake to be friendly and avoid any awkwardness. When she suggested working on the form, he said he had something important to do.

Minrae played with the edge of her pleated leather skirt before straightening her white shirt. God, what if we stood her up again? Maybe he was tired of the morning reunion! Maybe something came up!

She checked her phone. Midnight was nearing, and so was the deadline.

Minrae looked around one last time and held her breath in. Why did it feel like everyone was watching her? Was it because she was sitting alone in a room full of people? Did she seem pathetic because no one was her friend?

The chair next to her, and she flinched.

"Minrae, are you okay? I'm so sorry for scaring you."

Her eyes met Jaemin's worried ones, and her heart was immediately put at ease. Unknowingly, her lips curved to a grateful smile. "Jaemin." The boy got flustered at her soft tone. Suddenly, he was regretting not coming to work with her earlier.

He pushed the warm drink in front of her and a sandwich. "Here, I got these for you."

Her heart fluttered at his sweet gesture. "Why, thank you. But I ate earlier."

Jaemin frowned. "When? We were the whole time at EXO."

"When you weren't here." She lied.

Nana decided to shrug it off, but he promised to himself to check on her. "Thank you for waiting. I had something to do."

"It's okay." She brushed it off, warming her hands with the beverage. The lab was cold, and Minrae wondered why they had picked it as their work spot. Oh, because it was Jaemin's ideal spot to study biology and he still had essays to submit after their team project.